General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:44 PM
george liles
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Chuck needs pulled across the counter and kicked in the dick... Good lord what a load of crap.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:46 PM
banddirector
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 08rking
Back to the top Chuck.
Gotta make sure Chuck gets his Daily Deluxing ....

Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by george liles
Chuck needs pulled across the counter and kicked in the dick... Good lord what a load of crap.
I don't think that Chuck has a dick. he at least don't have the ***** to respond or make it right with the OP

Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 AM
crasha51pan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A note to chuck:

Have seen a number of "posts" on this thread say'n that you should make it right with the OP, well chuck, I am the OP and here is how I will make it easier for you. I don't need anything from you personally ! You and Calvin "got me" that weekend in June, I knew what was happening 3 minutes into your Gillette dealership talk'n with Calvin. My life goes on, and all you did was take some money out of my pocket and leave a bad taste in my mouth in regards to HD allowing dealers like yourself to take advantage of "stranded riders" the way you do.

Here's what I do want chuck, I want you to call a meeting with all 3 store managers, include the department managers too. Tell them that there has been a "policy" change, no more screwin' the long distance rider. You will treat them fairly, you will charge a fair price, you will check on Dunlop's "mixed tread" policy, you will allow a rider to "sign a waiver", and you will go the extra mile to get a stranded rider back on the road ASAP.....and a personal request "wipe that "smirk" off Calvin's face". Now, I am sure your thievery goes way beyond just your "flat tire policy", so these changes will apply to all the "work" your dealerships might have to perform on a stranded riders scooter!!!

Easy changes chuck, you will still make a profit, I get that no one works for free, but lets make it a "fair" profit. Who knows, you might even get a repeat customer, and this thread may go away.

When you implement these changes, let the Forum know chuck
84 pages, 71,000 views and climbing !

Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
glasscannon
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has Chuck or Calvin read this thread or the comments on Dex??? Just curious if anyone knows....

Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,154 Likes on 6,704 Posts

Crash,
Lemme see if I got this straight...Raise the price of tires, Towing, and Service, and install coin-operated toilet paper dispensers in all the bathrooms.
Got it.
Sincerely,
Chuck

Old 10-01-2013, 12:46 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why is every one letting the moco slide on this? they are the real problem...allowing a dealer to treat their customers this way. how long before we give up on hearing from good 'ol anne at corporate? the OP needs to send a written request to the corporate headquarters and insist on hearing back on this matter. when they ignore him or blow him off with "the dealers are franchisees and we do not have any control over their day to day operations, nor do we set policy on how to treat customers"--then you will see that chuck is not going to be made to do anything to make this right.

as a harley owner, i should be able to pull into any dealer in the country and be treated fairly and not taken advantage of. "there is a dealer on every corner to help you if you should have a problem" is one of the reasons i bought a harley. i was given an atlas showing all of the dealers and their locations and contact info. in case i had a problem.

shame on the moco for not taking care of this problem. they should reimburse the OP for his out of pocket expenses and the tire he did not need. then chuck should be "counseled" and shown the error of his ways--any more complaints and his franchise will be in danger of being revoked. put him on probation for a year or so. this is a good chance for the moco to put all their dealers on notice, and to show the harley riders that they do take things like this seriously.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
A note to chuck:

Have seen a number of "posts" on this thread say'n that you should make it right with the OP, well chuck, I am the OP and here is how I will make it easier for you. I don't need anything from you personally ! You and Calvin "got me" that weekend in June, I knew what was happening 3 minutes into your Gillette dealership talk'n with Calvin. My life goes on, and all you did was take some money out of my pocket and leave a bad taste in my mouth in regards to HD allowing dealers like yourself to take advantage of "stranded riders" the way you do.

Here's what I do want chuck, I want you to call a meeting with all 3 store managers, include the department managers too. Tell them that there has been a "policy" change, no more screwin' the long distance rider. You will treat them fairly, you will charge a fair price, you will check on Dunlop's "mixed tread" policy, you will allow a rider to "sign a waiver", and you will go the extra mile to get a stranded rider back on the road ASAP.....and a personal request "wipe that "smirk" off Calvin's face". Now, I am sure your thievery goes way beyond just your "flat tire policy", so these changes will apply to all the "work" your dealerships might have to perform on a stranded riders scooter!!!

Easy changes chuck, you will still make a profit, I get that no one works for free, but lets make it a "fair" profit. Who knows, you might even get a repeat customer, and this thread may go away.

When you implement these changes, let the Forum know chuck
84 pages, 71,000 views and climbing !
Chuck could do this via phone conference and invite your attendance! That's the only way you will know if it ever happened...

Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Ranfrol
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have followed this tread since the first post, just want to add a story that happened to someone in our Hog group riding to the 110th party.

He started to hear something in his back jug, and pulled into you guessed it Gillette HD. After looking at his motor and confirming it was a head issue. They said that because he purchased the new bike from his home state dealer, they would only fix it if he paid them cash, even when it was still under warranty. They stated that the other dealership can worry about collecting the credit from HD.

After calling his home dealership and getting both the General Manager and Service Manager involved calling the Gillette store, they finally agreed to repair the issue. He only lost 1 day, but said the fight for the basic rights upset him for several days.

Sounds like to me they will NEVER change the practices of trying to take advantage of out of state riders.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 336 Likes on 184 Posts

Wow....that is really a corrupt Harley dealer. I actually sent a link to this forum to the local paper in Gillette..to a city desk reporter to let know what goes on at their local HD dealer. Never heard back from her.

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy