General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Id simply move on

Old 09-02-2013, 10:02 AM
HarleyBT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uhmmm, that's what Chuck is hoping for.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stubby3492
I have a similar story but different. It is about the service at Sound Harley Davidson in Marysville, WA. I can't say enough good things about them. They are awesome.
I'm from Vancouver Island, BC Canada, and on my last trip through the US, I was heading north on the I5 north of Seattle, when my bike started sputtering, and I happened to be going by a rest area so I turned in and my bike died so I coasted to a parking spot.
I checked it out, and my battery had only 3 volts, and was super hot, so obviously it shorted out inside.
I checked the app on my cellphone, and Sound Harley was the closest one, so I gave them a call. I talked to the Service Manager, I think his name was Matt. I told him my problem and he said he would send a driver with a trailer out to pick me up. This was at about 5:30pm. I told him I didn't think I needed a trailer, just a battery. So he said ok, I'll send a driver out with a battery for you and he'll wait while you install it to make sure that fixes your problem, and if not, he'll come back and get the trailer.
About half an hour later, a Harley truck pulls into the rest area with a brand new glass mat battery for me. I do carry tools, but he even brought tools for me to use in case I didn't have any. I installed it in a couple minutes and everything was ok. I paid with my credit card the battery was only $120, which is cheaper than I could get one at home. I asked him, aren't you going to charge me a delivery fee?, and he said no, if anyone is stranded on a Harley we'll do whatever we can to help them out.

I even still made the last ferry to Vancouver Island, and made it home that night.
Next day I sent them an email thanking them for such great service, and I received two emails back from them thanking me for appreciating their service. Matt's email told me to stop in for a coffee next time I'm in the area, and the second email was from the general manager, I think her name is Karen. She told me she had tears in her eyes when she read my email, because she really appreciated someone acknowledging the service they give.
I have never been to their shop, and I don't know anyone who works there, so I have no vested interest in bragging about them, other than I think they went above and beyond what many Harley Dealers would do, and didn't charge me for anything other than the battery. I'm definately going to stop in and see them next time I'm down that way.

With the stories we read about how some HD Dealers will screw someone who is at their mercy, I just thought I would also comment on a good one as well. Sound Harley Davidson in Marysville,WA are one of the good guys in my book.
Awesome to hear!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Wi_Duker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left a review on Dex.
Doesnt apply in this situation because the dealership is close by you. But I needed a rotor and distributor cap replaced on my truck when I was at work which was 60 miles away at the time.

The dealership charged me EXACTLY 2x what everything cost including the tow. I had my wife pay with a credit card by phone so I didnt know until I picked up the truck after work.

Anyways

next day I went to the dealership that did the work and told them if they didnt refund half my money I would walk up and down their sidewalk and tell every one of their neighbors how they ripped me off

I got half my money back becuase they knew I was crazy enough to do it

Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Imagine the cheap publicity if Chuck would have came on HD forums and claimed, "I didn't know, so I'm going to refund the OP for what my team put him through. And for the inconvenience, I'll throw in another hundred on a gift card."

That would've earned our respect and earned many new clients. That would have been cheaper than any Deluxe HD advertisement. However, he chose another route. He needs a lesson in business and marketing.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by EP50
Id simply move on
Probably good advice. While I agree that you were ripped off and have every right to be pissed and want fairness, sometimes things can eat you alive from the inside and it is better to move on. Ask me how I know. It has taken me years to learn to practice what I am preaching.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by garand
This **** has a twitter account!!! It doesn't appear to be used, but it will be now!

He has 550 followers that will see everything we post!

https://twitter.com/deluxeharley
Lol nice find!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,869 Likes on 6,498 Posts

Originally Posted by EP50
Id simply move on
Under most circumstances i would agree. Simple quarrels, overpricing, ect.

However, the OP used the term "bend over and raped", and i couldn't agree more, he was.

Therefore, this isn't something that he should move on from....

TTT for Chuck....

Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 PM
MattCo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to read that good story about Sound Harley. I also emailed, thanking them for what they did for him. Good things have to be told as well. Would be nice to put chucky and the owner of Sound Harley on a table to talk about customer service, this idiot might learn a lot from a fellow dealership.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Rickey
Tourer

I was getting a repair done under warranty about 3 years ago at Thunder Tower HD in Columbia, SC. The service manager came up to me right before close and told me they would still get me out that day but would take about a bit longer and apologized. He stated they had a group of 4 riders from out of state come in and one of them was broke down. They put out of town riders up front to get them back on the road. I had no problem with it since I was just heading home anyhow. Our other local dealer isn't like Deluxe in Wy but I drive farther to Thunder Tower unless I need something and Thunder doesn't have it.

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy