General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:35 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
"or that he's under pressure from Dunlop or MOCO to do what he did"

Can't be that:
Dunlop say's there is no issue with mixing tread patterns of the E3 and D402
MOCO say's their stance on mixing tread patterns is the same as Dunlop'...s (that was told to me personal by the gal I made my complaint about Deluxe to)...

Bottom line is, there is no reason to force a rider to junk his E3 on front because he has a D402 on the rear !!!
So if Dunlop and MOCO agree, then basically Deluxe Chuck owes you for the cost of the front tire and installation, right?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM
crasha51pan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would think so, but she did say "they are independent dealers", so I guess they can make their own policy.
Still, you would think that if Corporate knew a certain "independent" dealer was screwin' the people who were buy'n their product, they would step in.....(and she said they know of Deluxe and have had other complaints)

Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

It sucks when somebody eats one of their own/Never bite the hand that feeds.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 PM
nebraskarider1
Novice

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
"or that he's under pressure from Dunlop or MOCO to do what he did"

Can't be that:
Dunlop say's there is no issue with mixing tread patterns of the E3 and D402
MOCO say's their stance on mixing tread patterns is the same as Dunlop'...s (that was told to me personal by the gal I made my complaint about Deluxe to)...

Bottom line is, there is no reason to force a rider to junk his E3 on front because he has a D402 on the rear !!!
I was told by Dave Johnson at Dunlop that my American Elite was designed and tested to be used with the Harley D407. He then called Deluxe and they now changed from "insurance companys policy" to the "owners policy" aka Chuck. Thats when I called HD and got their backup.
When in Rapid City a couple days later I quizzed the Dunlop rep since they had both tires on display again "no problem at all"

Bottom line is, its all Chucks scheme to sell more tires, wonder how thats working out for him now? I also wonder if they try and pull something if you have matching tires like "the tread depth has to match" my money says they do

Old 08-29-2013, 11:05 PM
FXDForbes
Tourer

Well it's a really "busy" day at work today so I sat and read every response on here. When I get home in 3 hours I'll be writing on their wall

Old 08-30-2013, 02:12 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sling Blade NSAA
I remember going into a dealership that some guy started in the 50's, bootleg harley t-shirts that worked and lasted longer than the present day ones. Oily parts on the homemade counter top, ashtrays, beer in a old metal cooler, swearing, talking shop all day without buying anything, helping the mechanic change a tire or clutch basket, sharing a joint for lunch hour, and a sense of belonging, community, and friendship.
The Moco destroyed 80 years of loyal family dealers- ending a buyer-seller culture that you can only find in independent shops today.

The last time I spent any length of time in a dealership I sat in a chair with my greasy pants and jean jacket- and the sales rep nearly had a fit! I think that was around 1983...

Robinson's are still doing great (they are 1/2 hour from me). I don't know if it is true, but I heard that they did not fit with the Mo Co's "regulations" for a dealership and a couple of the local stealerships ganged up on the pressure to have them out of the loop.

As for Chuck (You low life piece of S@#$) I was in there a couple of years ago. Now I wish that I didn't even by the shirt!!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

On the subject of mixing treads you would think that if
the manufacturer has no problem with it and
the rider has no problem with it and
the "Mothership" has no problem with it and is receiving complaints about it

that the MoCo would step in and do something about it. Some kind of disciplinary action should be taken against Deluxe and some kind of restitution to those that have been screwed over by Chuck and his band of merry thieves.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 AM
Xube
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ultracan
On the subject of mixing treads you would think that if
the manufacturer has no problem with it and
the rider has no problem with it and
the "Mothership" has no problem with it and is receiving complaints about it

that the MoCo would step in and do something about it. Some kind of disciplinary action should be taken against Deluxe and some kind of restitution to those that have been screwed over by Chuck and his band of merry thieves.
Yeah, that^^!! A franchise may be an independent business, but the franchisee ought to behave in a way that reflects well on his brand. I think Harley is in a position to rip out a few short hairs.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:04 AM
madchemist24
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Morning Chuck. How ya liking the attention?

Anyone get yelled at or hung up on when calling there yet?

Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

now I know why my friend that lives by Them took his bike allll the way to Idaho Falls....

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy