General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:08 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

No way in hell I would have let them keep the tires they replaced. That's if I allowed it to get that far in the first place. Chances are I would have found another option for myself. Found another place to get a rear tire, or trailer it home. It's not only about the money....it's the principal. If it cost me double to keep it out of their hands I would have done it.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:26 PM
cmeaney
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had experience with this before, although not with HD. Rcently, I had some problems with a large national company, who was ignoring requests to repair a burn hole in my carpet that their technician caused by grounding a cable box on the cable wire (long story,) and was getting nowhere. So, I went ahead and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, AND the Attorney General of the state that their headquarters was. Within a couple of days, the ball got rolling and repairs are being made. Also had an incident in another sate with an online sale. The day that they were contacted by the BBB and the AG office of their state, the money was back in my account. Give it a shot. You can look all of the info up online.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM
mmf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks to have a dealer take advantage of a stranded brother. Next time I am up in the area I may just stop in and tell them a little story going around the forum.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I see that you posted this in the Bad Dealer Section too. You should E-Mail the manager of that dealer and insert a link to this forum. Also tell him or her to take a little look at the member count of this forum as well.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM
crasha51pan
Cruiser
Angry

When I see these HD commercials from Corporate they are running all over the tube, you know the ones, all the Brotherhood BS, I just get up and go stick my head in the toilet and puke for a while....There is a Brotherhood alright, but its got nuthin' to do with HD.
Two days ago I just returned from a trip to Colorado Springs/Cripple Creek, I spent the night in Sheridan,WY. As I laid in bed a thought occurred to me (and it wasn't a good thought), "I'm maybe 125 from Gillette. It was a tortured, restless sleep, full of impure thoughts and bad intentions .."

Old 08-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Googled them and this DEX page came up. Here is part of their writeup:

Description for Deluxe Harley-Davidson/Buell of Gillette

View Gallery Thank you for choosing one of the most respected service dealers in the state of Wyoming. Our expert technicians and staff offer over decades of experience in every service area, including electrical, chassis, engine, fuel, injection, performance and customer service for your Harley-Davidson or Buell bike.
There is an option to leave a review of the dealer:

http://www.dexknows.com/business_pro...FU5xQgodlDoAvQ

Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
45fan
Tourer

That's a load of crap. I guess there is nothing there I need to see.... Sorry they crapped on you. I would have put a pocket knife through that good front tire on my way out and told them to enjoy it...

Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

They should have just used a gun to rob you to save time. That's pure BS. I'm headed up that way next summer. Thanks for telling me which dealership to avoid like the plague!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.bbb.org/wyoming-and-north...ints#breakdown

Looks like this page needs some more input!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:21 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

Do you know anyone who lives near there? I would call them and say I have someone coming in to pick up the two tires that were on the bike. I think they have to hold things for 10 days. Get those tires back. If they don't have them, I'd take them to small claims court. This is dispicable what they did.

Keep trying to get through to corporate.

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy