General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:34 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,208 Likes on 9,691 Posts

I can still comment on their page, and all the links to here are still up.... for now.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
I can still comment on their page, and all the links to here are still up.... for now.

I guess they just blocked me then. Oh well, back to the phone line, I like that better anyway. It costs them time and money.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 PM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If enough of us call the toll free number and ask about the tire replacement policy, eventually it will cost the dealership more than refunding the OP money...I like that..stick it to them

Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
Sad part about the OP's experience is that it probably goes on at other HD locations that we don't here about. Wish MOCO Corporate would do something about customer service in general. The dealer network is why some buy Harley in the first place. Hate to be traveling another state & have an issue....only to get bent over by a local dealer. When someone has to go to a metric dealer to have something done for their Harley is outrageous....as some has had to do.
In my travels I've found the Harley dealer network to be pretty good the few times I've had to use them over the past 30 years. Sure there are exceptions like the douchebag in Gillette but I say, in reality, they are few and far between when you look at the big picture. Besides, dealerships are like any business whose success is largely dependent on the people who work there. If you've ever run a business you know it's a full time job to make sure there are people in positions that don't turn into aszholes. Evidently the dealer in Gillette is running nothing more than a scam to sell tires....and it's such a short term scam. Seems stupid.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:42 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

apparently it doesn't have an answering machine, or it's turned off. Short of them blocking my #, don't know if they can, I'm gonna call 3-5 times a day just to mess with em. It's free after all

Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 PM
tonymontanna1983
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Doing my part

Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Biker90
Road Warrior
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

All Harley dealers will bend you over, but at least some of them do it with some friendly foreplay and some lube.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 PM
jmale1972
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983
Doing my part
Yep, I check and look at new posts on this thread everyday and hope this POS stealership GETS EVERYTHING THEY deserve!!

Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jmale1972
Yep, I check and look at new posts on this thread everyday and hope this POS stealership GETS EVERYTHING THEY deserve!!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar story but different. It is about the service at Sound Harley Davidson in Marysville, WA. I can't say enough good things about them. They are awesome.
I'm from Vancouver Island, BC Canada, and on my last trip through the US, I was heading north on the I5 north of Seattle, when my bike started sputtering, and I happened to be going by a rest area so I turned in and my bike died so I coasted to a parking spot.
I checked it out, and my battery had only 3 volts, and was super hot, so obviously it shorted out inside.
I checked the app on my cellphone, and Sound Harley was the closest one, so I gave them a call. I talked to the Service Manager, I think his name was Matt. I told him my problem and he said he would send a driver with a trailer out to pick me up. This was at about 5:30pm. I told him I didn't think I needed a trailer, just a battery. So he said ok, I'll send a driver out with a battery for you and he'll wait while you install it to make sure that fixes your problem, and if not, he'll come back and get the trailer.
About half an hour later, a Harley truck pulls into the rest area with a brand new glass mat battery for me. I do carry tools, but he even brought tools for me to use in case I didn't have any. I installed it in a couple minutes and everything was ok. I paid with my credit card the battery was only $120, which is cheaper than I could get one at home. I asked him, aren't you going to charge me a delivery fee?, and he said no, if anyone is stranded on a Harley we'll do whatever we can to help them out.

I even still made the last ferry to Vancouver Island, and made it home that night.
Next day I sent them an email thanking them for such great service, and I received two emails back from them thanking me for appreciating their service. Matt's email told me to stop in for a coffee next time I'm in the area, and the second email was from the general manager, I think her name is Karen. She told me she had tears in her eyes when she read my email, because she really appreciated someone acknowledging the service they give.
I have never been to their shop, and I don't know anyone who works there, so I have no vested interest in bragging about them, other than I think they went above and beyond what many Harley Dealers would do, and didn't charge me for anything other than the battery. I'm definately going to stop in and see them next time I'm down that way.

With the stories we read about how some HD Dealers will screw someone who is at their mercy, I just thought I would also comment on a good one as well. Sound Harley Davidson in Marysville,WA are one of the good guys in my book.

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy