General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 AM
crasha51pan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think maybe "you been blocked"...no big deal, me too. Still got a ton of "review" sites I can post on (and he can't remove them) !!!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

You can also create a page on FB, one that looks nearly identical to his to post your thoughts on.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I shot Chuck a message to his facebook page to ask him if he would kindly provide us with his side of the story (didn't want to sound like I was accusing him or anythigng). I told him he should address the matter rather than starting a cyber storm that he can't ignore or outsmart, otherwise he'd be the next Amy's Baking Company.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:27 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Calvin's last name is Rodgers. I'll see what else I can find.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:06 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,152 Likes on 6,704 Posts

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
Think maybe "you been blocked"...no big deal, me too. Still got a ton of "review" sites I can post on (and he can't remove them) !!!
...And continue to post here, so this thread stays at the top.

Yeah Chuck, I'm another traveler that you screwed. How do you like me now, you greedy wad of ****?

Old 08-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Rooster37
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHPAW
...And continue to post here, so this thread stays at the top.

Yeah Chuck, I'm another traveler that you screwed. How do you like me now, you greedy wad of ****?
Glad I am not Chuck!!!

I think ole chuck has been screwing people a long time!

BUMP

Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
Do a report on ripoffreport dot com. The report will come up at the top of google every time someone searches for this dealer.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM
LippCJ7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HDmikie
Do a report on ripoffreport dot com. The report will come up at the top of google every time someone searches for this dealer.

It certainly appears to be warranted by the several victims on this site alone, Make the most of the internet, as many faults as the internet has this is not one of them.

Good Luck Fellas!

Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM
rhoderider
Cruiser

Not trying to be critical, because you did get a raw deal, but I would not have stood by and been taken like that. I probably would have bought the rear tire (if I couldn't repair the old tire) and changed it myself in their parking lot. This is exactly what we did about 5 years back when an Arizona dealer refused to change a rear tire for a rider on a non-Harley American made V-Twin. A number of us volunteered to help the rider, but there is little doubt he would have managed on his own if we hadn't been around. Many hands just made the job much faster. I would write the incident off as a valuable lesson to plan ahead and be prepared to take care of what issues you have on your own - that way you are never at the mercy or "goodwill" of a stranger or worse a disreputable dealer.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

what a shitty deal the op got.. there is no excuse for highway robbery.

the best way to get back at the dealer service dept and make them loose money is not by wasting a retail or parts counter person time, but to waste the service depts time..

everyone just start scheduling work to be done.. oil changes, reg maint work. light problems etc.. if you fill their work schedule with bogus work, they won't make any money on real work.

if your going to do it, make sure minor details are correct. have a local phone number, address etc to give them..

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy