General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

A service to our fellow riders.....give me a break. This is about sticking it to the man, you know it. Whatever bro, carry on....

Last edited by Mountain Cruiser; 10-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete6114
You may understand the message, but It's not just about you. There are plenty of new member and non-members that haven't read this thread yet.

dribble: We all figured out by now that chuck isn't going to do anything to correct his underhanded way of running his business. The purpose of keeping this thread going is to not warn those of us that been following it all along, but to warn others, that haven't viewed it yet. This thread wont do any good being buried.

It could. Before I made a deal over the telephone on a used 2011 Limited with Big Sky Harley in Montana, I went to the good and bad dealer threads to see what everyone had to say. Didn't find any bad stuff on them and went ahead and made the deal. Had I found bad stuff I would have asked them their side, then decided if I wanted to deal with them.

I have seen several posts from people who say they'll never ride through or spend money at any business in the State of Wyoming again. One genius said that he did a group ride to Devils Tower and that (apparently because the riders couldn't think for themselves) he instructed the group that they were not going to stop or spend money anywhere in the entire city Gillette.

Isn't that kinda like holding all gun owners responsible because some lunatic shot up a school ? Or for that matter all bikers because some outlaws shot each other up at a rally.

Warning people is good. I agree with that concept. Taking this to the level it has been taken has now made it an internet group obsession. At some point, it makes the entire online community look mental.

Besides, I've been doing just as good a job as bumping it as anyone.

Last edited by dribble; 10-23-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Yes, lot's of crazy proposals for retribution against Chuck in this thread. Chuck has pretty good grounds for a law suit against the owners of this forum if he wanted. I'm really surprised they let it go on this long.

Last edited by Mountain Cruiser; 10-23-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
Yes, lot's of crazy proposals for retribution against Chuck in this thread. Chuck has pretty good grounds for a law suit against the owners of this forum if he wanted. I'm really surprised they let it go on this long.
I don't think he really has any grounds for a lawsuit against the forum owners. They only provide the forum for people to voice their opinions. No different than a letter to the editor.

If the OP had made up the story or it was seriously inaccurate, Chuck might have a lawsuit against him but he would still have to prove financial harm.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Well you can file a lawsuit against anyone at anytime if you wish too. I've had some experience on another forum where lawsuits were brought against the owners for allowing a posse to be formed to inflict damage to someone's business or livelihood. That is exactly what happened here, all 110+ pages of it. I would of locked the thread a long time ago if I was the owner of this forum.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:51 PM
dbc58
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you can file a lawsuit against anyone at anytime if you wish too. I've had some experience on another forum where lawsuits were brought against the owners for allowing a posse to be formed to inflict damage to someone's business or livelihood. That is exactly what happened here, all 110+ pages of it. I would of locked the thread a long time ago if I was the owner of this forum.
Truth is the ultimate defense. The forum is not responsible for the posts of others. Do you have something against free speech and the first amendment? This is The United States of America last time I checked.
What Chuck's business has repeatedly done to his victims is unconscionable. It's the same as lumber yards in Florida charging $100 per sheet of plywood during hurricanes. The world needs to know and Chuck should suffer the consequences of his "policies". What possible reason could you have to prevent that? Chuck could come in here an defend himself if he wants, but he won't because there is no defense. Only a coward or a fool calls for censorship.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,151 Likes on 6,704 Posts

Tell you what, next summer when I pass through Wyoming I am going to make it a point to stop by Chuck's place and have a look for myself, maybe buy a t-shirt or something....
Go ahead...you can wipe your *** with it after everyone that sees you wearing it tells you what a thief he is.
BTW - Last one of those I saw, it was on fire.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:14 PM
The Biscuit
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
So Chuck registered under an assumed name four months before the incident just in case something like this came up? That's genius.
don't think to much about it, there are complete idiots in these forums.
example::
"Go ahead...you can wipe your *** with it after everyone that sees you wearing it tells you what a thief he is.
BTW - Last one of those I saw, it was on fire."

the whole concept of spending money where you want to is lost on many. I only thank god that fox news says Obama has plans to make everyone buy that tshirt from this dealer to help pay for heath insurance.. (the last part is bait for the stupid)

Last edited by The Biscuit; 10-23-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mountain cruiser--maybe you should stay in the mountains...this guy takes advantage of touring riders. the moco will not stand up and do what is right either. makes you wonder why you pay harley prices and put up with the bullshit--brand loyalty should work both ways. the moco has done nothing to earn the trust/loyalty of harley riders every where. there are sorry dealers everywhere. the shame is that most of them fly harley colors.

i will be buying bmw or goldwing next time around...harley had done nothing to earn my trust or loyalty in this matter. i would take a match and lighter fluid to my harley before chuck ruiz got a penny of my money. i am going to sturgis in '15 and will make a point of looking ol' chuck up and telling him what a POS he is. hope that a lot of you guys going in '14 take the time and effort to look him up too.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Yeah, because we all know there aren't any shady BMW or Honda dealers out there.

No, when I go to Sturgis in 14, I'll do what I do every year and ride right on by.

Last edited by dribble; 10-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy