General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

back TTT

Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
You guys have beat this horse into just a greasy spot on the road. Give it up already, Chuck ain't going to reply. If you don't like it then just don't go to his dealerships, ever. God forbid Chuck ever did reply here. Then it would go on forever.....

Enough already.
Agreed.

Chuck doesn't need to post his side here. This is America. As self defeating as it might be, he gets to run his business the way he sees fit. And we get to choose not to do business there. Those that think HD has any legal authority to change that, seem to lack an understanding of how franchises and licensing agreements work.

And rwhisen. It's not right to take photos of people who you don't even know, who had absolutely nothing to do with the OP's issue and caption and repost them in an effort to make them look stupid. In my opinion, you crossed a line here. This was a blatant demonstration of disrespect for other riders. I've seen bickering high school girls with more integrity.

Last edited by dribble; 10-23-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 AM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys have beat this horse into just a greasy spot on the road. Give it up already, Chuck ain't going to reply. If you don't like it then just don't go to his dealerships, ever. God forbid Chuck ever did reply here. Then it would go on forever.....

Enough already.
If you don't like the thread you don't have to read it...

Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,151 Likes on 6,704 Posts

Enough already.
Nice try Chuck...We're on to you.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Nice try Chuck...We're on to you.
So Chuck registered under an assumed name four months before the incident just in case something like this came up? That's genius.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

THAT incident...there were others. I first put him in the Bad Dealers section, post #322 on 08/14/2007. Don't like the thread...don't click on it. The fact that it's still going is a commentary on how many people are sick of his ****. Screw him, just like he's been screwing travelers for over six years.
This thread can last just as long as far as I'm concerned.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

My sense is that there are a handful of perpetual whiners that are driving this thread. I understand your message. Tell you what, next summer when I pass through Wyoming I am going to make it a point to stop by Chuck's place and have a look for myself, maybe buy a t-shirt or something....

Later, amigos.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:29 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
THAT incident...there were others. I first put him in the Bad Dealers section, post #322 on 08/14/2007. Don't like the thread...don't click on it. The fact that it's still going is a commentary on how many people are sick of his ****. Screw him, just like he's been screwing travelers for over six years.
This thread can last just as long as far as I'm concerned.
I don't care about him or his dealership and I strongly disagree with the way he does business (at least in this case). If everyone wants to **** into the wind on this thread for the next ten years so be it. I still disagree with dragging his other customers into it and posting pics that belittle them. Behavior that sinks to the same level that this thread is all about. Total disrespect.

Also, at least in my opinion:

If anyone expects a reply from the dealership it isn't going to happen.

If anyone thinks that Harley Davidson has any legal authority to fix this, they don't.

If anyone thinks they are doing substantial financial harm to the business they aren't.

25 years of investigating complaints against both upstanding and totally dishonest auto repair businesses has taught me that much.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:52 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

...And yet, you two keep coming back to it.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My sense is that there are a handful of perpetual whiners that are driving this thread. I understand your message. Tell you what, next summer when I pass through Wyoming I am going to make it a point to stop by Chuck's place and have a look for myself, maybe buy a t-shirt or something....

Later, amigos.
You may understand the message, but It's not just about you. There are plenty of new member and non-members that haven't read this thread yet.

dribble: We all figured out by now that chuck isn't going to do anything to correct his underhanded way of running his business. The purpose of keeping this thread going is to not warn those of us that been following it all along, but to warn others, that haven't viewed it yet. This thread wont do any good being buried.

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy