General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:22 AM
nebraskarider1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the original poster:http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/P...plaintForm.pdf

Also the BBB, write a letter to the editor of the Gillette Newspaper and the Gillette Chamber of Commerce as well as the Wyoming Tourism Facebook page, BBB is the only one I heard back from so far. You should see my t-shirts I'm gonna wear at Sturgis next year

My example was: if I ruined a tire on my semi in Gillette WY would I have to buy all 18???????? And don't forget to mention the cost, some people think mc tires are $50 items and its no big deal just buy 2 and go

Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 AM
naga77777
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nebraskarider1
I hope people are still following this thread first and foremost since its 9 pages long so far. I am not a regulkar here but came here after seeing a post about this on this dealers FB Page. THEY TRIED THE SAME THING ON ME!!!!!!!!!! I thought this story might me mine brought over from another forum so I searched and found it and read all 9 pages. My story is so similar its not funny. Had my 09 Ultra towed in to the same dealer in Gillette, barely made it before closing time on a Wed. got pressured into signing a service order or "we won't be able to put it on the schedule first thing in the morning" I had a 45 day old American Elite on the front and he said it was because their ins. company wouldn't let them mix treads. I said how about we call Dunlop first thing in the morning, he said it isn't worth my time. Well I did in the morning and Dunlop said and I quote "we have designed and tested the American Elite to be a suitable replacement for the Dunlop HD D407 and it is totally acceptable to run them together if you only need to replace one tire" I asked if they would call the dealer promptly and they said sure. Called me back right away and said Artie (service writer I dealt with) said it was the "owners policy" so no luck. Well I stewed about it a little longer at the hotel and decided to call a dealer and see if I could get a number for Milwaukee. I got one and talked to customer service and asked about the 2 tires and told them what Dunlop had told me. She said I need to talk to an engineer or tech I forget and to my surprise when she came back she said "HD is fully aware of the American Elite tires Dunlop is making for the newer machines and we see no issues with them being mixed with our tires when only one tire is needed" This did surprise me I admit so again I asked if they would call the dealer, then I got "all our dealers are independently owned and operated and we can't tell them how to run their businesses" I said well if thats how you are gonna allow your dealers to treat YOUR customers then I have to admit I will probably be trading my Harley for a GoldWing as soon as I get home, I have a Honda dealer right in my town that would love to take it on trade. Well then she offered to call the dealer. I won't discuss the details of what all happened next because HD is now looking into this dealership and their practices. This is who you want to call: HD Customer Service ask for Anne , 414-343-4056
Thanks for posting the number. Hopefully it'll help others finding themselves in the same unfortunate situation.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:01 AM
ricknrene
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry tire plugs and a small compresser. Fortunately the bike has the space. As for the Dealer representative, he was a douche. That is the problem with commission sales people. He wouldnt make any money on a tire patch.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 AM
crasha51pan
Cruiser

Blown away by the response here on the Forum, seems I am not the only one. I have said it before, "ain't the bike that makes the Brotherhood". Maybe at some point both Corporate and the dealers will get that. There has been a bunch of "good advice" given here. I wished I would have put my knife through those two tires, I seen the phone # give for Corporate Customer Service and I will use it...Thanks to all

12 Days on the road, 4000 miles hangin' with Brothers in Missouri, try'n to get home to the wife. On my way to the friendly dealership in Gillette: (didn't know it at the time, but the gesture sure fit)..

Attached Thumbnails Don't break down in Gillette, Wy-111-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

anybody who thinks mixing tire treads wont work is crazy. plenty of bikes used to come with way different treads front & rear stock from the factory. Hell, you can mix radials and bias, I have done that on my current bike. it's ony a motorcyle, not a spaceship. the combinaion might not be the opimum, but it'l get you home. just ensure that you have the right size & weight rating and you're golden. just like dealers who won't put a plus size tire on an HD. stupid ********. car tire places are getting like this too, wont' put anything but the OEM size on a car. makes it rough if you are rocking an old car that they don't make that size tire anymore.....
+

Last edited by jakenok; 08-23-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
crasha51pan
Cruiser

Quick follow up:

Just called the Corporate Customer Care #, couldn't get Anne but talked with Kim. She listened, said she was sorry and would pass it on to the appropriate people ???
We will see....

Thanks to all !!

Last edited by crasha51pan; 08-23-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I would have rented a van, put the bike in the van, and driven it to a better dealer. Even if it cost me more, even if it derailed my trip.

**** that dealer, I'd rather push my bike home.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 AM
nebraskarider1
Novice

pm answered

Last edited by nebraskarider1; 08-23-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskarider1
I have a direct line for Anne, give me a call 402-984-9970 I don't know if she would want me making it public
Its good of you to come in here and share that story and also get the MoCo involved.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 PM
BigPappa
Intermediate
Angry Loser!

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I would have rented a van, put the bike in the van, and driven it to a better dealer. Even if it cost me more, even if it derailed my trip.

**** that dealer, I'd rather push my bike home.
I complained to the factory too sometime ago (sent letter in) about this SOB!, he owes me $600.00. For the mistake he and his people made on my bike... May be if enough bikers complain they will finally do something about him!... his day is coming yet!

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy