General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundays Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 AM
45fan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundays Wreck

Well l was released on Tuesday night. I have: broken left hand, broken rib, broke finger, ac seperation in me left shoulder, and road rash that looks like topo map of **** Germany on both arms, hands ,and back.

My wife is still in te hospital! She has 4 broken bones in her left leg and they can't operate for a couple of weeks. She is in for a long haul. But, we are both alive....

We were on our way home on the bike Sunday on a 4 lane through a small town here. No traffic running with us so I was in the slow lane riding just off the center line. A group of cars leave a light coming the other direction on the other side of the median. I am watching as they are going to pass by us on the left going the other way. As we approach small strip center on our right and a crossover ahead to our left. I then see a truck in the fast lane turn across the turn lane on that side and coming to through the cross over... No signal and didnt slow that I could tell! My wife says something about the truck as I lay the bike hard to the right and hammer the breaks. I see the guy.... He has his phone to his right ear and is lookin out his driver side door window (I guess to see if he cut anyon off in the turn lane)
As soon as I hit both brakes he hits us. The truck hit my wife's leg and my arm and shoulder. (We think) the bike jumped hard to the right but I thought for a second I could keep it up but she went right over on the right side and spit us out as she went. I think my wife was on top of me part of the way which saved her some road rash (not near as bad as mine).

I have played this over in my head trying to think what I could have done....I just don't know. There wasn't time to get ahead of him or stop. No time even to hit a ditch...I guess this one I just get to live with.

No word on the bike. They are supposed to look at it today I think. Gonna be a long process medically and legally I am sure. Oh, and the *** looked through his front window just as he hit is! Got out called 911 and said I was in his blind side!!!! I said you were on your cell phone *******! I saw you!

Sorry for the long posts. I don't know much more, they put us in an ambulance soon and took us off. The medical staff was great and I hear there were witnesses.

Thanks so much for the prayers and wishes! Means a lot! Ride Safe!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Here's to fast and complete recovery my friend.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:03 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

At least you two made it out alive. Good Luck to both of you and Get Well quick!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

The important thing is that you are still alive! Take care of yourselves first and then get a lawyer ASAP! Make sure the cell phone is mentioned in the police report and if it isn't try issuing a ticket / violation yourself. This sh** has got to stop! Contact local papers, radio stations, tv stations and the like. This is your inquisition!!

Most importantly, I wish the both of you a speedy recovery!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM
LucyOnBlack
Road Captain

OMG ... so glad you two are survivors... shiot.. recover quick and well again ((hugs))

Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Ken Fortunato
Tourer

Thanks for the update... Take care of yourself and your wife. Sounds like she's got a long road ahead of her...

I'm just happy that you're both still with us!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,364 Likes on 969 Posts

Heal fast and get a lawyer!!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scudda
Heal fast and get a lawyer!!!!
Glad you are both still with us!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM
shortmon
Cruiser

good thoughts and prayers for a speedy and FULL recovery.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 AM
JerryW
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear this, hope you heal up fast, not a long post at all, we all learn from reading these, as mush as we hate to read it.

Quick Reply: Sundays Wreck