General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I The Only One Concerened With The...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013 | 10:32 AM
kingomtn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kontiki
If you want to make a call pull over somewhere. What's so hard about that?
What I hear and read (even here) is some people have adopted a sense of self importance and skill set that allows them to do what is humanly impossible. That being safely operate a cage or bike an navigate it through a sea of obstructions, hazards and equally distracted drivers.

Old 08-22-2013 | 01:35 PM
RoadLord
Banned

Remember these? Probably not... I'd gladly give up my phone if they made everyone go back to these things... the only place you could receive a personal phone call... in your DAMN HOUSE! LOL

Old 08-22-2013 | 01:54 PM
jphjph
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL
Some of us know EXACTLY what you mean......for the ones that don't, well that just proves the point....sad.
Yep… that about covers it.

Old 08-22-2013 | 03:39 PM
norton
Road Captain

Originally Posted by acunn1
Some of us like to see if we get a call from the wife while we are riding, and not have to worry about the phone falling out of an after market holder.
Are you that ***** whipped? I thought that is why we got on the bike and took off, no phones, no work, no worries. I guess I got it wrong.....

Old 08-22-2013 | 03:49 PM
Scaredofrain
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ericedelman
This is not new, Harley produced a bluetooth module for the Harmon Kardon radios when they first came out. I had one on my 2006 Ultra, and now have one on my 2011 Ultra Limited. When I got the 2011 bike, the module had been discontinued, but I found a NOS one.

The module interfaces with the radio and it has voice control. You use a helmet mounted headset to talk. It will interrupt the radio, and then when your call is done, return you to your music.

Because of work, employees, etc.... I need to be reachable, even when I'm out riding. And I'm an IBA member, so it's not unusual for me to ride 1000 mile days. I've got a full face helmet that's nice and quiet, most people have no idea I'm speaking to them going down the highway on my bike.
Got the same unit on my '07 Ultra. It's great and yeh, just like you I do not have the luxury of being able to switch off either.

Old 08-22-2013 | 03:50 PM
AmishindianHD
Cruiser

I cant talk and ride

Old 08-22-2013 | 03:58 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmishindianHD
I cant talk and ride
I suppose I could, but I don't want to talk and ride.

Old 08-22-2013 | 04:13 PM
Jimmy1313
Advanced

It's not just about the phone, the smart phones now have the GPS in them, if you use Bluetooth you don't even have to look at the screen, it will just tell you where to go. It's a lot safer. You can even use the Pandora App instead of the radio.

Old 08-22-2013 | 04:21 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by twistr
Cellphone feature on the 2014 touring models...Geez...Bad enough we have to dodge cagers talking and texting, now we have to watch out for the idiots riding their motorcycles and talking on their phone too...THANKS HD...GREAT JOB!!!
Gives you something to whine about.

Old 08-22-2013 | 04:25 PM
RoadLord
Banned

Originally Posted by norton
Are you that ***** whipped? I thought that is why we got on the bike and took off, no phones, no work, no worries. I guess I got it wrong.....
funny story... when I went to get the Road Glide from the dealer they were showing me all the cool nick nacks and one of them was a plug in head set! The wife said "Where's mine!?!?" The salesman looked at me and I gave him the "don't even think about it look!"
Well she insisted and he ended up GIVING her a set! EMMER EFFER!

I was talking to him while the wife was in the can and I said "Way to go genius, now I have to listen to her when we ride!"

Quick Reply: Am I The Only One Concerened With The...