General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I The Only One Concerened With The...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013 | 12:55 PM
RoadLord
Banned

Originally Posted by kingomtn
Cell phone, touch screen, radio are features that if used appropriately will not cause problems. Personally, when I ride my attention is on traffic and bike control. In my mind appropriately would mean using any of the above should be done while stopped, save for listening to the radio.
AAA Study (pdf) here concludes that using hands-free cell phone are over twice, and using speech-to-text are over three times as distracted as a driver (rider?) alone and not distracted.
Yup if you need to be connected 24/7 then maybe you need to stop riding motorcycles... just sayin!

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:04 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

it will help the moco sell a few more motorcycles...don't want to miss a sale--er, call do we? all cell phone usage in any moving vehicle should be against the law, be it driver or passenger. if you need to talk...get off the damn road!

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:05 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member

When I'm riding, all of my concentration is on looking cool! Don't have no stinkin time to answer the phone. Damn bike's so loud and shakes so much I can't even hear the phone when it rings or feel it vibrating.

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:08 PM
LucyOnBlack
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
When I'm riding, all of my concentration is on looking cool! Don't have no stinkin time to answer the phone. Damn bike's so loud and shakes so much I can't even hear the phone when it rings or feel it vibrating.
uhuh.... me too... oh yah lol ;-)

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:12 PM
RoadLord
Banned

Yeah that's it! I am definitely too busy looking and being cool! LOL

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:16 PM
Tinker55
Cruiser

Perhaps we should ask HD to include a roof and an extra set of wheels as an option for the '14 models....

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:17 PM
RoadLord
Banned

Originally Posted by Tinker55
Perhaps we should ask HD to include a roof and an extra set of wheels as an option for the '14 models....
What's wrong with adding a few doors?

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:36 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

You know for awhile I had a cell phone connected via Bluetooth and all. More of a pain than anything. Now the phone rides in the tour pak.

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:46 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

I think they're just trying to modernize the bikes and offer more features than the new Indian. Most experienced riders know to only use them while stopped.

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:55 PM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
You should concentrate harder.

The last thing I'm interested in when I'm on my bike is a stupid phone. I rarely carry the one I have unless I'm on a test drive with an intermittent that might strand me.

Quick Reply: Am I The Only One Concerened With The...