General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydraulic clutch 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013 | 05:59 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironclassic
Project Rushmore to add more to the sticker price!!!
Could you please change your avatar...I've lost 2 hours of my day trying to read your post.

Originally Posted by digger2255
Hi guys FYI bought this machine new last week grat back ben on the road for 45 years 1st bike with HDY clutch last night started the bike and waited behind some friends getting ready to take off my bike then started moving forward the RPMs whenup a lttle like a gonernor i locked the bike up and it continued to push my buddies bbike about 5 ft on it side with my front locked up and skidding the bike down the sidewalk i layed the bike over hoping the inertia switch would shut it down it did but my buddy got hurt from skidding on the sidwalk this machine just decided to leave and the breakes were all locked up the breaks did no hold this 103 pictures show 5ft skid pushong a bike on it side be vary wary if this new hdy clutch in goes to the sope tommarow.

Last edited by Glockmeister; 09-15-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2013 | 06:00 PM
vegashd
Banned

Hi guys FYI bought this machine new last week grat back ben on the road for 45 years 1st bike with HDY clutch last night started the bike and waited behind some friends getting ready to take off my bike then started moving forward the RPMs whenup a lttle like a gonernor i locked the bike up and it continued to push my buddies bbike about 5 ft on it side with my front locked up and skidding the bike down the sidewalk i layed the bike over hoping the inertia switch would shut it down it did but my buddy got hurt from skidding on the sidwalk this machine just decided to leave and the breakes were all locked up the breaks did no hold this 103 pictures show 5ft skid pushong a bike on it side be vary wary if this new hdy clutch in goes to the sope tommarow.
Right....

So you purposely laid it over thinking about an inertia switch but wrrent smart enough to turn the damn machine off? Umm ok YA right..

The new hydraulic clutch? Think again!

Old 09-15-2013 | 06:02 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Cable HD clutches are better for low speed tight handling. You adjust the release point. That said, with the new power in the engine it was bound to happen.

Old 09-17-2013 | 01:43 PM
ringofld
Tourer

The throttle did not work?
The brakes did not work?
The kill switch did not work?
The steering did not work?
Dang them there new fangled hydraulic clutch things are nasty!

Idk..

Old 09-17-2013 | 01:53 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm not sure why they excluded the Road King on this....would think they would have done it on all of the touring bikes.

Old 09-17-2013 | 03:45 PM
nferr
Road Master

Hydraulic clutch is way better IMO.

Old 09-17-2013 | 03:58 PM
Larry64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by vegashd
Right, just like in 2000 or so when Indian was released and stole so much of the market share....
Good point, but this "Indian" has money and backing. I would think the changes to this years touring line is just a start.

Old 09-17-2013 | 04:12 PM
The Biscuit
Cruiser

They cant raise the price much,, Indian will price below and it would be a mistake for HD... I like my bike.. but if HD your reading this post please note:: my loyalty is for an American made Bike... HD doesn't have to be the one if they price themselves to high. I have a choice. and I expect tech improvements to be standard not a premium option.

and for that accident post,,, its so far out I hope it doesn't steel the topic ,, wouldn't be surprised to find that your buddy's ride behind you for awhile.,

Old 09-17-2013 | 08:22 PM
vegashd
Banned

Originally Posted by Larry64
Good point, but this "Indian" has money and backing. I would think the changes to this years touring line is just a start.
If people bought the last round of Indians it too would have advanced... They went under cause no one bought them. The motor was a proven motor then too...

Old 09-17-2013 | 10:48 PM
limeyhusker
Advanced

Ok.....I was wondering why the RK was excluded too.....not sure of the logic there. Anyone?

Also...if the Indian is such a threat, how come there are two HD dealers here in Tulsa but the nearest Indian dealer is in Arkansas?

Quick Reply: Hydraulic clutch 2014