General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop and Compare

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Shop and Compare

Now if we could get everybody to search first, we'd be going places

Old 08-24-2005, 05:47 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That and if we could get people to stop being PWs. Then we'd really be going places. [:'(]

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Now if we could get everybody to search first, we'd be going places

Old 08-24-2005, 05:54 PM
IU_Booger
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But TC... look at the post ratio.. you're gaining ground on Mac...and our ask first seach second is helping <grin>

Just trying to help !

Old 08-24-2005, 06:23 PM
crodeo
6th Gear

the beauty of being a newbie, helping others post counts, I knew I could contribute to this forum

Old 08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

I knew he was getting help from somewhere!!

ORIGINAL: IU_Booger

But TC... look at the post ratio.. you're gaining ground on Mac...and our ask first seach second is helping <grin>

Just trying to help !

Old 08-24-2005, 07:00 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Also check your dealers website and/or sign up for the email notification if they offer it. My local dealer has a coupon that if you bring a friend in and they buy a new bike you get $100. I'm sure you could get someone to help you out for a cut of that! There is also another coupon that if you buy any sportster in stock you get 10% off accesories, free pre paid maintenance and a free riders edge course. The riders edge is a very good course for those that haven't ever riden and even those that haven't riden in a while. There is also an advanced course that is supposed to be very good but its always in the evenings when I have to work so I can't really comment on that one.

Point

Old 08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might also check to see if any of the dealers have 2004 or 2005 second hand bikes. Those are a pretty good deal as well. There is a guy where I live that is selling a 2004 with 2000 miles for $9,500 OBO and it has the pipe and carb upgrades. If you go used, stay with a 2004 or later if you are going to do a bunch of riding. The rubber mounted engine makes a difference.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:16 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Dang where were they when I bought my Sportster. I had to wheel and deal for the pre-paid maintenance.

ORIGINAL: pointswhat

Also check your dealers website and/or sign up for the email notification if they offer it. My local dealer has a coupon that if you bring a friend in and they buy a new bike you get $100. I'm sure you could get someone to help you out for a cut of that! There is also another coupon that if you buy any sportster in stock you get 10% off accesories, free pre paid maintenance and a free riders edge course. The riders edge is a very good course for those that haven't ever riden and even those that haven't riden in a while. There is also an advanced course that is supposed to be very good but its always in the evenings when I have to work so I can't really comment on that one.

Point

Old 08-24-2005, 07:58 PM
HDF Tech
Banned

ORIGINAL: 12Stones

Dang where were they when I bought my Sportster. I had to wheel and deal for the pre-paid maintenance.

ORIGINAL: pointswhat

Point

Pre paid maintenance, Not on your life for me. They don't even give ya what you pay for when you pay for it then

Old 08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
HDF Tech
Banned

ORIGINAL: IU_Booger

Just trying to help !

Mac isn't the difficult one here It's the guy that has (how many 7 , yes SEVEN ) posts just here in this thread

Quick Reply: Shop and Compare