General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slammed by the daughter!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Bluerose
Default Slammed by the daughter!

So I finally get my daughter setup to ride with me and I take her out for the first real ride. She's 20.

We ended up at the dealership and some other bike shops getting the gear for her to ride (she was borrowing one of my helmets and complaining). I thought itwould be fun to just take off with here and hang out a bit.

After all that she said Harley riders were too old!!! Guess I hit that generation gap thing.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slammed by the daughter!

Well, at least you got the promotion cooler bag thingy. I got one too...
[sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif]

Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Bluerose

But too old???? Guess I hadn't thought about it...How many lower 20 somethings can afford a Harley? I really don't seem to see any.

Gonna have to find one of those all bike rallies and see if we spot some younger guys....

Old 03-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct, they can't afford a Harley. Most of them are on crotch rockets....

Old 03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
captainhawg
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are not too old, just take it from my daughter... she posed for the pic below, she likes going to rallies, gets hit on all the time... Man I hate trying to keep the guys away from her.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/15141/464C61C9B4104336BB817E633DEB2195.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-04-2007, 02:01 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

But too old???? Guess I hadn't thought about it...How many lower 20 somethings can afford a Harley? I really don't seem to see any.

Gonna have to find one of those all bike rallies and see if we spot some younger guys....
I was 26 when I got my Fatboy. But then again I guess 26 isnt in the lower 20's huh.

Chris

Old 03-04-2007, 02:06 PM
wesd41
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did she give up on the cop?

Old 03-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: wesd41

Did she give up on the cop?
After all that she has been too chicken to contact him....[:@]

Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I was 25 when I bought my first and only Harley... needless to say that I spent my whole life savigns.

The guys from the HOG that I hang with the most are a young cople of guys (like 43 years old) their youngest daughter is 15 right now, she is the reason that I want to have a daughter for, she goes everywhere with her parents and her parents ride everywhere. I met them when the girl was 12 and they say that she has always been that way. She does not like to hang with guys her age, she gets bored. She preffers to hang with us and she is the most spoiled person in the world when she is among us. They bought her a Night Rod she does not ride on highways yet but she rides with us short trips to local places to learn how to ride in groups. She is a lucky girl, got her first Harley at 15

Best regards.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is true though, most 20 yr olds(and teens) could care less about owning a Harley or any cruiser for that matter and I don't agree that it's a money thing. Most of them grew up watching their friends on sport bikes and that's where their interest is. For as long as I've been selling bikes, I can honestly say that I've sold maybe 2 Harleys to someone under 27.

My youngest daughter still rides with me, but when she gets her own bike, it will probably be a sport bike, since she has 3 older cousins that ride crotch rockets.

Quick Reply: Slammed by the daughter!