General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slammed by the daughter!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slammed by the daughter!

What is wrong with the female spending money on the guy or going dutch - pay your own?

Old 03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my first harley when I was 17 , that would of been in 1976 it was a used 72 xlh that left a bad taste in my mouth for harleys for a long time thankfully I got over it.
I know what you mean about the guys who want to date your daughter I recently had a heart to heart with a guy who had already reached his career goal of washing semi's at the truck stop and thought my step daughter should drop out of college and move in with him . he's still washing trucks and she is still in college and I didnt go to jail.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:22 PM
hughtwg
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Punkpogoer
I wanted a Harley for years, but road crotch rockets because I could afford one. Finally at 39 I can afford a Harley. My suggestion to the younger riders is to get your bike BEFORE you get married and start a family. Much easier that way.
These statements and other like them make no sense to me. If you were interested in the type of bikes harley makes than why would you have bought a sportbike instead of a metric cruiser?

For that matter Sportsters are as cheap or cheaper than many metric bikes cruisers and sportbikes.

-Hugh

Old 03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 22 and just bought my first Harley.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: HTRAUD

What is wrong with the female spending money on the guy or going dutch - pay your own?
Honestly its OK for a bit but it really sucks for the long term. No guy should expect to be paid for and do nothing for it...some guys today think having a sugar momma that pays thier way and cleans thier house is the way to go....I think they are just leaches.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
cj9581
Advanced

I'm 25 and own a harley. I bought it myself at the age of 23. . . . I meet alot of younger people latley that ride harleys

Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

So I finally get my daughter setup to ride with me and I take her out for the first real ride. She's 20.

We ended up at the dealership and some other bike shops getting the gear for her to ride (she was borrowing one of my helmets and complaining). I thought itwould be fun to just take off with here and hang out a bit.

After all that she said Harley riders were too old!!! Guess I hit that generation gap thing.

Once when I had to work late my 16 year old son asked his mother where I was. She told him I was probably visiting my girlfriend. He said "Dad's too old to have a girlfriend." She got a good laugh out of that and couldn't wait to tell me when I got home. Thanks a lot, son!!

Old 03-05-2007, 02:48 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bluerose just tell your daughter the she can only HOPE to look as good as you do when she gets to your age.

Rick

Old 03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior

I bought my FB when I was 26 and feel like I waited until I was 'old' to buy it.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:05 PM
rpoteau
Cruiser

There aren't many 20 year olds riding harley's these days. We are in the minority since our age group likes to ride the sportbikes. Nothing against them as I give into the urge every once in a while. You can add me as one more person in their 20's that rides a harley as I am 26 and wouldn't give up my harley for anything. Nothing like riding a Harley to bridge that "generation gap". Good luck with your daughter I hope things work out...

Quick Reply: Slammed by the daughter!