General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting my Fatboy on a truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:21 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Putting my Fatboy on a truck

I used to haul my '82 FLTC in a Ranger until I got the motor right and it was fine. Some good advice listed already. But, I will add to it.

Put something down for the bike to sit on. Plywood etc. ESPECIALLY on the tailgate. You will have a nice crease/dent when you are done if not.

Getting itin the back is the hard part!Unless the ramps you have are really long, the slope is very dangerous. Back the truck up to a hill and it will flatten things out. My guess is that the drealer does not have a hill handy.

My bud that owns an indy shop uses a 12' 2x8 to roll bikes in and out of customer trucks. You can walk the bike right up while staying firmly on the ground. A second guy gets in the truck and guides it up from there.

If you start to drop the bike on the ramp. Do your best Monty Python imitation and Run Away!
Do Not try to catch a 700lb motorcycle. It is not healthy.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
FatboyRules
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Putting my Fatboy on a truck

To all of you who gave great advice, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I have a good idea now on how to do this, especially putting something on the tailgate and re-enforcing the cables to the tailgate.

To all of you with the jokes, please keep them to yourselves, don't waste people's time.
HDFORUMS is a great place for people to gain some knowledge and/or to meet great decent people and I'm thankful that this place exists. Please don't ruin the experience.