General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Regal Duke seat, Regal Duke Wide, Wide Touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:12 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,147 Likes on 1,793 Posts
Default Mustang Regal Duke seat, Regal Duke Wide, Wide Touring

Now that the engine work is done on my Shovel, moving onto the seat.
Originally was interested in Mustangs "Wide Touring" seat w/passenger.

But on Mustangs site...noticed how they talked about the Regal Duke seat having better back support for the rider. And I do notice that the seat curves up into a nice high backrest. Seems like it would be much better for me with my bad back.

The pillow with dimple buttons look of the Regal Duke may "look different"...but comfort rules, esp for a guy with a bad lower back.

Question is....there's also a Regal Duke Wide seat, which is 2" wider. Has anyone experienced the difference in the two? I'm 6'5" and 215 lbs (so sorta thin), 36" inseam. Wife rides on back a lot, so I'm thinking the larger (wider) rear pillion of the "Wide" model would help her comfort. But if an extra wide front seat becomes uncomfortable for me because it's too wide.....guess my point is does the "wide" model really only benefit someone who is say...over 200 or 250 lbs...but is uncomfy for someone not large.

Local stealership that sells Mustangs only has the popular Touring models in stock so can't test for myself. Unless I make a road trip to Mustang themselves.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,048 Likes on 12,177 Posts

I haven't tried the two, but I will say, at our height of 6-5, we can get the widest seat available and have no problems flat footing the bike. I would get the wide one if comfort is the main concern.