General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son Joined The Army

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
06_ironhorse
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Son Joined The Army

it says a lot about a person who decides to serve his/her country...you should be very proud of your son...and if he decides after a couple of years that it is not for him, he will have obtained skills that employers admire and look for in an employee...it's a win win situation...if you have any questions about what to expect feel free to ask
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: big v

maybe being canadian has an advantage im not brainwashed to send my kids out to war.yes we could discuss this on another thread so why dont ya .this is called hd chat not bushes war chat.so once again we are on another topic arent we?go ahead hack me hate me cause that dont bother me a bit cause this forum is about bikes not somebodys kid jouning scouts or army or anything at all about that shiit.wanna talk war games hit some other forum or go to war forums and talk harley or yamaha or something .
Ya have to be American to understand,don't like it,,,,don't click on this thread then.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
defenderp
Cruiser

All the best to your son. As I've stated on other threads, after 21 years of service, the kids I see comming in now are truley special; to be joining a professional force in a time of war says alot about their character, which stems from their upbringing.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:12 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Feel the same "Proud and sad"

My son (our only child) takes off for boot camp on 13 Mar. I am so proud of him. He is joining the Air Force as a Air Traffic Controller...what a great job. It is going to be a little weird since both of us will be active duty together until I retire next year...talk about feeling OLD!!

V/r

SMSgt B

Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
06hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen God Bless and God Speed to all service members, past present and future. I hope your son is safe brother. As for the @#$%@#$, I dont expect those Pus*(&^ 's to try to understand what fighting for fredom is even all about, wait till thier sorry country is invaded, sucks for them. Anyway, God bless

Signed,

6x vet

Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member

pococj:

I apologize. I was trying to be respectful.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: raporte

pococj:

I apologize. I was trying to be respectful.
Don't think pococj's response was towards you.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 AM
BIGBADCANE
Advanced

It's great to hear about your son and congrats. I have been serving for 22 years and I am currently deployed overseas. Tell your boy to buy a bike if he goes overseas, the prices are great right now. I just ordered an 08 Ultra, can't wait to get back to the US and pick it up in November. Don't worry about those comments from Ying and Yang, if they didn't like the post, they shouldn't have replied and justmoved outto the next thread. It's people like us doing what we do everyday that give them the right to post their sorry comments.

CSM Telly
US Army

Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
smithr
Cruiser

God bless you and your son. You are what a true American is. As a Army vet myself, I salute you and your son. Jr.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Jambo
Banned

Congrats, he should have a lot of experiences and friends by the end of it,or maybe become a lifer.Either way I think people who have been in the armed forces are like fellow club members.Specially,if it's the same branch you were in. I was an AD3,powerplants.Fighter Squadron Eleven.It's something to be proud of the rest of your life.Best wishes to the Lad.

Quick Reply: Son Joined The Army