Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son Joined The Army

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:45 PM
big v
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Son Joined The Army

*among friends it all is relative or relates* ******

Old 03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Godspeed to your son,& thanks for his service
I'm with 87!
SALUTE!

Old 03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All my best to your son. It makes me damn proud to see young people who still believe the Armed Forces to be an honorable endeavor.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

That's really cool to be able to do the ceremony together, my sons were still young when I retired. I would have been one proud dad if i were in your shoes. Plus, it sounds like he couldn't get any better advice than from his pops. Congrats.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:26 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish him good luck for me. He will be a better person for the experience. My father was in 25 years. I was in 22 years. I have a son and daughter int the Army now. It is a challanging time for soldiers but there is a lot of experience out there to help them out.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:47 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank him for his service for us!

Rick

Old 03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Same boat as you a year and half ago,son leftforBenning, 11 bangbangin the 82nd between Baghdad and Iran irght now,did the same myself at 17, wife also. Just tell him to listen to his Seargeants and take care of all aroud him on his team and they will kick butt. Stop watching the news and dont listen to any politicos. Your son is a good man, obviously has a good family, these guys have to and will do the right thing no matter what, just hope we have the ***** to give them what they need. I have 2 more to follow in the next couple years, they are bigger and tougher than their older brother. Good luck to you, your family and your son. Keep the faith.

PS BigV we all whish it was one mans war, I can only guess what the V stands for.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:15 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

It take courage to join the military during a time of war. As for Big V's comments.....it's not one man's war. We either fight them over there, or sit back, and fight them here! Wait until suicide bombers are blowing up buses here or going into restaurants and blowing everyone into hamburger....then you'll be wishing that more people would have had the stones to go and fight this into completion. Make no mistake, just bringing the troops home will not end this! These folks cannot be smooth talked, and converted into "doves".....they want us DEAD....so, it's us or them....been there twice myself, and will be going back again. I feel better just being able to contribute to the quick death of one of these little scumbags. Hell, I'll pull the trigger myself! It's called contributing to the defense of our way of life.

Joe
[&:]

Old 03-03-2007, 06:30 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

That kind of story and the pride involved brings tears to a man's eyes. Thanks, from one vet, to two.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

Tell your son thanks for his service from my family. I'm still somewhat shocked and amazed that the media can't seem to understand that there are people in the country that are truely patriotic and would actually choose to serve.

God speed to both you and your son for your service to our country! You are in the prayers of this vet family and maybe in another 18 years I can make this same post about my son.

Quick Reply: Son Joined The Army