General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'bout got wiped out today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007 | 06:33 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: 'bout got wiped out today!!!

Next time you are at a rally, if you ever see a small hammer on a 1%'er's bike, you will now have an idea what that is there for! Pull up alongside the car, and return the favor!

Joe

Old 03-04-2007 | 07:21 AM
edilgdaor
Banned

I had something almost similar happen today, although it wasn't even a close call at all.....

I started to get mad, and then I realized- Hey, it's beautiful out today,and I'm riding my motorcycle and life is good. A few days ago, when it was raining, I would have traded my ride in the car for a chance to get pissed off on my motorcycle.

That calmed me down some. I was on my bike, and I wasn't gonna let some idiot in a car ruin my day.

But like I said, it wasn't a very close call. I hope I can be so mellow next time.

Glad you rode well and are OK !

Old 03-04-2007 | 09:49 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior

sounds like the driver was coming off base too? If they were military regardless of on base or off the military could take action. When I was on AD at Fort Carson I saw some of my soldiers driving like idiots. Decided that some corrective training was involved so I made them sit through a 40 hour accident avoidance course (which is required for all ranks E5 and above and all vehicle operators). Since it was corrective training I wasn't going to let them do it on "my" time so they had to site complete the training over 2 weekends. after that the number of stupid acts dropped.

As far as steps you base can do they have all authority to limit access to the instillation. Most bases appear to have lot's just outside the gate for people to park that have lost on post driving privilages.

Old 03-04-2007 | 04:16 PM
Jambo
Banned

bout don't count! Careful out there.People do pull that I'm bigger than you **** around here a lot.And they are,so............

Old 03-04-2007 | 04:22 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: traveler

Next time you are at a rally, if you ever see a small hammer on a 1%'er's bike, you will now have an idea what that is there for! Pull up alongside the car, and return the favor!

Joe
I was at the dealer today and I seen an Harley Davidson hatchet. It looked cool for a situation like that.

Old 03-04-2007 | 04:26 PM
anubisss
Banned

This kind of situation is all too common where I am from, and I have learned to just let it go and not let it get me upset. If I did, I would always be upset. A large part of riding a bike to me is being able to stay in control of my emotions while riding, and I have already accepted the fact that is dangerous and people are going to do stupid things while driving in cars. Some of you may say it is because of where you live, but I think that is completely irrelevant. I jsut chalk it up to another day riding, and move on thanbking god that I am still alive.

Old 03-04-2007 | 05:56 PM
docsg
Tourer

It would be my luck that it turns out to be the base commander's idiot son! Seriously, I hope you find the guy and at least he get's "dressed down."

A physician friend of mine had the same thing happen to him while we were riding. An ambulance that was not in route with a patient (just trying to get back to it's base I guess) pulled around us and cut him off just barely missing his front end. He called the ambulance service and (I guess because he is a doctor) the service had the driver come over to his office and apologize. If it had been me, the ambulance driver would have probably come over all right--not to apologize but to scratch my tank with his key!

Old 03-05-2007 | 09:06 PM
fuzzyz28
|
Advanced

ORIGINAL: anubisss

This kind of situation is all too common where I am from, and I have learned to just let it go and not let it get me upset. If I did, I would always be upset. A large part of riding a bike to me is being able to stay in control of my emotions while riding, and I have already accepted the fact that is dangerous and people are going to do stupid things while driving in cars. Some of you may say it is because of where you live, but I think that is completely irrelevant. I jsut chalk it up to another day riding, and move on thanbking god that I am still alive.
Very good point and I do agree...that day though...it just got the better of me.