General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some 26 inch Wheel and Rake advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:46 AM
Ryan C. Sanford Remax-Virginia
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the thought. I only ride localy so not an issue for me.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:48 AM
67 C10
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you do not want to cut your frame you have a few options for bolt on kits. American Suspension, MC Baggers or Kewl Metal are a few. MC Baggers kit seems to be the most complete kit out there as it comes with new brake lines and other extras. These kits will correct your steering geometry and give you the correct trail numbers that are needed to have a safe ride. If you go with a 26" Metzler now makes a tire that has been getting some pretty good reviews over the other manufacturers. With a 26" wheel you are going to need to do something to adjust your headlight angle back to stock so it is not pointing at the sky. Either stretch and rake the fairing or use a wedge behind the headlight. I personally only run a 21" on my bike mainly due to my funds lol. I have ridden with plenty of people running 26'-30' setups and when done correctly they handle pretty awesome. I have run both lowered suspensions and am currently running air ride front and back and would not change a thing about it. Rides amazing and with over 6000 miles on the set up have not had a single problem.

The following 2 users liked this post by 67 C10:
Ryan C. Sanford Remax-Virginia (09-21-2016), ZO21 (08-12-2019)
Old 09-20-2016, 12:16 PM
StoneyFatBoy
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

Don't forget to add your neon under glow to the bike

Old 05-02-2017, 01:13 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo admins,

Can we get rid of the unnecessary, completely unfounded negative comments? I mean I hate chrome fender trim, "live to ride, ride to live" gold stuff and fringe but am open minded enough to realize that everybody's got different taste, I don't bash them. Like my momma said "if you don't have anything nice to say, shut your f*****g pie hole!"

And regarding handling? Puh-leeze!! My buddy's got a 26 on his '16 Limited with a built motor and I can't keep up with him as he's dragging floorboards through 80mph sweepers!

-rant over

The following 2 users liked this post by TexasSG:
Johnny Goodlife (01-21-2018), ZO21 (08-12-2019)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:03 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Yo admins,

Can we get rid of the unnecessary, completely unfounded negative comments? I mean I hate chrome fender trim, "live to ride, ride to live" gold stuff and fringe but am open minded enough to realize that everybody's got different taste, I don't bash them. Like my momma said "if you don't have anything nice to say, shut your f*****g pie hole!"
That's pretty negative right there. How about...if you don't have anything nice to say, go to another thread?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:23 AM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
That's pretty negative right there. How about...if you don't have anything nice to say, go to another thread?
Touche

Old 08-12-2019, 08:58 PM
ZO21
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I ride my 26”

Originally Posted by Reckless14
i want to out a 26 inch wheel i on my glide but i ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we ride all over the country and i know people say its fine now they don't wobble but id love to hear someone who has one and really goes on trips not on a trailer. any help???
inride my 26” everywhere. So far my farthest trip was 14 hours in one day along with 5 other guys all rolling 26’s and not one issue. You should be good rolling up to a 30” with a bolt on kit, after that it’s recommended to cut the frame. The naysayers are either clueless or know someone who had crappy work done.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:01 PM
ZO21
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Yo admins,

And regarding handling? Puh-leeze!! My buddy's got a 26 on his '16 Limited with a built motor and I can't keep up with him as he's dragging floorboards through 80mph sweepers!

-rant over
I second this motion👍🏽

The following users liked this post:
TexasSG (08-14-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 12:25 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 679 Posts

Just because you don't like the comments, doesn't mean it doesn't help the OP.

This isn't negative, only a fact from what I've seen. If you plan on selling your bike, it will be much more difficult to sell with fewer buyers that want that type of bike. You'll probably eat the cost of the upgrades as well. Caveat Emptor. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:35 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Just because you don't like the comments, doesn't mean it doesn't help the OP.

This isn't negative, only a fact from what I've seen. If you plan on selling your bike, it will be much more difficult to sell with fewer buyers that want that type of bike. You'll probably eat the cost of the upgrades as well. Caveat Emptor. Good luck.
True if he cuts the neck. If he puts a bolt on kit, then he can remove the 26 stuff and take.it back to stock. Then no problems selling it to anybody. Hell, might also sell the 26 stuff too to maybe to the same person?

Quick Reply: Need some 26 inch Wheel and Rake advice?