General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well i manned up for rain ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 PM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i manned up for rain ride

first three day weekend in months, most of the time its just sunday off. so I told myself when I got up Friday morn I was gona ride no matter what cause sat and sun suppose to storm bad. got up and put helmet on but before I could get out of the drive the skys opened up. mama was looking out the window with that look like ( are you really going? ) I said I was going no matter what so down I flipped the lid on the full face helmet and away I hammerd along. the temp was just right an I just feel great. was little more carefull cause roads were wet but I got to tell you folks it felt like the best ride of the year so far. road for about 2 hours. ran down by the arch in st Louis an back home. for a rainy day it was just awsome.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Broke the seal. Now you'll never go back.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

Yesterday it rained pretty hard for about an hour. I was in the car on my way home. I look in the rear view and there's a guy on Harley behind me. No windshield, 1/2 helmet, sun glasses, and leather jacket. He pulls up next to me at the light and looks over at me. I give him the thumbs up sign and he gives me a bit sh** eating grin, and a thumbs up. The light changes and he roars off into the pouring rain. Made me feel a little guilty.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I won't choose to ride in the rain but if I get caught in it, I keep going. Way to go rain rider!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 PM
saxfiend
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you enjoyed it; can't say the same for me. I got caught in a downpour a couple weeks ago and it was pure misery. And on top of that, my damn seat was oozing water up until just a day or two ago.

But, I guess, to paraphrase the old golf axiom -- a wet day on a Harley beats a dry day in the office.

JL

Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

My bike has several names, most used is rain maker. Love riding on a rainy day, especially if it is not super hard.
I love a nice drizzle.
You never forget the rainy rides.
This is what separates us from the normal people;-)

Last edited by Harleycruiser; 08-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Not me. I pussed out. Leaving Indiana today for a family reunion in Illinois. I considered riding but it was raining at home and rain predicted all weekend in IL. I drove the car. I saw sunshine on the drive over and was kicking myself. Til I got to Decatur and the skys opened up again. I will ride in the rain if caught but I ride for pleasure and riding in the rain is not pleasurable.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:41 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I won't choose to ride in the rain but if I get caught in it, I keep going. Way to go rain rider!
Same here

Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by walkerinin
Not me. I pussed out. Leaving Indiana today for a family reunion in Illinois. I considered riding but it was raining at home and rain predicted all weekend in IL. I drove the car. I saw sunshine on the drive over and was kicking myself. Til I got to Decatur and the skys opened up again. I will ride in the rain if caught but I ride for pleasure and riding in the rain is not pleasurable.

Decatur, smells like Staleys. I hate the stink of that little city. Make sure to stop at Krekels for a burger when you go through there. If you go to the Mt Zion Krekels they have the 2 chicken cars there.

You take 36 over or 72?

Old 08-03-2013, 03:18 AM
3illy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent some time in St Louis, the now wifeling was in grad school and I followed her out there. I have to say there is something distinctly hellish about the midwestern heat and humidity. Being in southern NJ I would have pulled back into the garage. But from what I remember of August in St Louis, I probably would have been joyous for the relief. Now, if you've seen any of my prior posts on the subject of riding in the heat, you know I like the heat. But that St Louis heat is something different, it's just not right. I'm glad you had a good time of it.

Quick Reply: well i manned up for rain ride