General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost a friend on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:27 AM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That kind of loss it a tough one. Only you can figure this one out regardless of what others say is the best course of action. Manny choose to carry the names of fallen Brothers with them as they ride. It keeps the memory of them alive and reminds you of how and why they made the choice to live the way they did.

If and when you get back on perhaps you could take your Brother with you and remember how he lived. Only you know what should come next.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's normal to feel concerned that the same fate that befell your friend, could happen to you. Guess it's mother natures way of protecting the species. In my 65 years I've lost more buddies then I could count one way or the other. Truth is, I've got no reason to be alive with all the valleys of death I've walked through and close calls I've been in. Here's the facts as I see them: There is apsolutely nothing you can do to avert the grim reaper's visit when it's your time to go. If you let your mind dwell on that time for you.....you'll end up a basket case....and give up most everything in life worth living for. A quote I like is as follows: "To many people tip toe through life, hoping to make it safely onto death".

Son, if you give up riding it's my bet you'll end up hating yourself. That bike represents freedom, adventure and excitement give all that up, and the truth is part of you would have already died.