General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else notice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,044 Likes on 17,932 Posts

Originally Posted by rgjujitsu
That cagers are growing more hostile? Not just careless but agressive and outright angry! I drive the Kennedy expressway in Chicago to work everyday. Two days in a row I have been in my lane PAST a merging lane and someone riding on the shoulder tried to bully there way in and they got so close I could kick their car with my boot. And I did. Probably not too smart on my part but damn.....one was a middle age angry looking woman driving a Nissan and the other was a young guy in a psuedo sports car. Be careful folks. I mean I can deal with the careless cell phone stuff I can spot that a mile away by the head bobbing up and down like they are giving themselves head. But this level of **** I haven't encountered in ten years riding in this city.
Where you been the last 30 years ? **** hasn't changed any I've seen , well maybe more of them ..........

Old 07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
01fxdxt
Stellar HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Just one more symptom of Too many PEOPLE on this planet.Be glad we will all be gone before it gets much,much worse,unfortunately.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM
willbilson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that five years of nothing but bad news with never a break is getting to many of us. I know it is really getting me down. And watching a homosexual Chicago communist destroy my country is keeping me awake at night. I have been in a bad mood for a really long time now, and I am sick of it. I suspect that I lash out a bit at times as a result. I do see more evil behavior in everyday life - agree with the OP's observation on this.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Mathom
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, drivers are getting worse. Not respecting the dangers of driving, very aggressive, selfish and many other descriptive terms.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,667 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
Lots of that kind of stuff here. I like to call FL the angry state. Everyone is from somewhere else and it seems as if they left their manners wherever they came from.
I agree. I've been all over the world & lived a lot of places, but I have never EVER seen people as angry & rude as the people here in Florida. I believe Orlando was rated the angriest city in America, With Tampa-St. Pete & Miami-Ft. Lauderdale coming in a close 2nd & 3rd.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,667 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by willbilson
I think that five years of nothing but bad news with never a break is getting to many of us. I know it is really getting me down. And watching a homosexual Chicago communist destroy my country is keeping me awake at night. I have been in a bad mood for a really long time now, and I am sick of it. I suspect that I lash out a bit at times as a result. I do see more evil behavior in everyday life - agree with the OP's observation on this.
The general bad mood of the USA started with 9/11, & O getting elected put it into high gear. There ain't no getting better.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

Hurry, hurry, hurry, go, go, go, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! That's the way I think a lot of people are thinking which is where their poor driving skill and general lack of consideration comes from. There's more of them now than there used to be that's all. It doesn't matter if I'm on the bike or in the truck, I see the same amount of dumb **** going on.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

It does seem like not just cagers, but bikers too, have become worse.

Everyone feels they are owed something, down to my vehicle should be ahead of yours no matter the danger caused.

I fight it by staying humble out there on the road. I wait for old ladies to walk through the crosswalk, I don't rev, I even use hand signals at times in addition to my turn signals, when I can tell cagers aren't paying attention.

Sometimes, not much, but sometimes, it shames others into driving/riding right.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:18 AM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

I've been riding for a long time, I can usually tell when someone is going to do something stupid in traffic and avoid them. I just quietly mutter IDIOT under my breath and continue with my ride, until yesterday.

I was in the far right lane in town with a pickup truck in the lane next to me. A litle silver Honda (car) passed me in my lane to get around the truck, probably going 15 mph faster than me or the truck. He switched lanes in front of the truck until he passed the car in front of me, then switched back into the right lane. As he approached the next light he turned right on a red light without touching his brakes.

That just happened to be where I was turning so I decided to catch up to him to try to get his plate number or have a little discussion at the next light. He saw me coming up from behind and crossed three lanes and turned left on red at the next intersection to avoid me. At that point I let it go and continued on.

He was probably late to get where he was going and was pissed because the on-ramp to the freeway was closed due to a motorcycle fatality at the time.

Riding in the Phoenix area can be a challenge at times.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I'd actually wear a helmet if I had to commute in Chicago. it IS like driving NASCAR. Kicking in doors and breaking off mirrors MIGHT not be your best option... Not that I haven't done it but you're putting yourself in a very bad position... but if you're going to, carry a ball peen hammer! hehe I live in central FL where, apparently, Mickey Mouse pisses EVERYONE off.

Quick Reply: anyone else notice?