General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn cager took me down !

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Damn cager took me down !

Saturday night about 900, after riding all day, wsa within 3 miles of home , running about 35 and this idiot decides she's going to pull out of a parking lot in a hurry to beat oncoming traffic. Only problem was, I was already where she wanted to go. She hit my front wheel and crashbar, driving my right crashbar against my engine, nearly taking my leg. My bike took her bumper off. She threw me into a car coming the opposite direction and my bike and I took its bumper grill and left fender off. In the meantime, I am propelled over the second car and land about 25 feet from the initial point of impact. My wife was following in the car behind with a friend who is a RN. I was out for about 5 minutes. Trip to hospital and badly bruised , cracked left elbow, sever bruising of left knee, crack in right lower leg and severe bruising of my azz. Got a permanent headache and ringing in my ears. Food has no taste. I have no appetite.

Her excuse? She didn't see me ! With a very bright headlight, 2 bright passing lights and loud pipes, along with lights on my saddlebag rails, she should have seen me ! What she meant was " I didn't look'. To top it off, she's got some crappy "Direct" insurance company that has a claims adjuster located 2 damn time zones away and they have yet to call me back after I filed a claim with them.

My bike saved my azz. She might have given hers up, but she saved mine. I know lots of folks like to ride without a lid, but I never have and certainly was glad to have had it on Saturday. Watch for cars pulling out and at least think about wearing your lid.

Ride Safe

Stiff and sore Bubba

Old 03-01-2007, 12:08 AM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Damn cager took me down !

Get yourself a really nasty lawyer! and FAST!

and DON'T sign anything.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
nmepage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Bubba, glad you survived that. Hope everything works out ok with the insurance.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
mwdguy
Cruiser

Glad to hear you are relatively ok. Bikes can be replaced, flesh can not.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM
harleygold
Tourer

Wow! Heal up my friend. I couldn't imagine what your wife was going through. She must have freaked out! Thank God you are able to set a presidence and warn others to be aware. Get well, and take the bitch for all it's worth.

Carrie

Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel for ya man. My wife and I are still recovering from a drunk POS hitting us last August. Does your azz look anything like this pic of me afterour wreck? We are still recovering and my ears are still ringing. Just try to keep in mind that it could have been a lot worse. I know I was closer to death than I ever have been before. Good luck man.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I am sorry to hear about youraccident and I hope that you will have a speedy recovery.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 AM
RKGary
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you heal quickly. How is your wife handling this, since she was there.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 AM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

DAMN!!! glad your still in one peice. i got 2 words for ya... SIC EM!!! get the meanest, orneriest **** lawyer and get that p.o.s. "didn't see you", what a pile of bullsh!t!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Aces N Eights

Damn brother! Glad you are still with us. Hate to hear of things like this. What happened to you is one of my biggest fears -To have my wife witness a crash as you describe. I can only imagine what must have been going through her mind, and yours,at the time.
As already mentioned, get a NASTY lawyer and get paid big time, get a bigger and better scooter and get back on the horse.

Heal soon and my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

07HC

Quick Reply: Damn cager took me down !