General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilson's Leather - Cycle Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Kentp
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilson's Leather - Cycle Jackets

Anyone purchased a cycle jacket from Wilson's Leather? I looked at a couple today. Normally $470 discounted to $298. Had zip out liner and appeared to be very good quality. Seems like a lot of Jacket. Would love a HD leather jacket, but for the money this appears good. Any other ideas welcome.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:47 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Wilson's Leather - Cycle Jackets

theres tons of online bike jackets equal to wilson,,,, from $100-200

Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Kentp
Advanced

Where's a good place to look online?

Kent

Old 02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Sinkinfast
Tourer

I got one of those jackets from one of their outlet stores for less. They have a couple types, the 299 one you can get for 250, and I got a different one for $119.
They are on the web but not at the outlet prices

Old 02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one from Wilson's a few years ago. Classic style motorcycle jacket. Made in Pakistan for around 240 bux. Their tanning process was a bit lousy and the black did a severe fade job in the sun. I hit it with Doc Bailey's and I'm still very happy with it. Almost 9 pounds of heavy leather.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

I got one from Wilson's a few years ago. Classic style motorcycle jacket. Made in Pakistan for around 240 bux. Their tanning process was a bit lousy and the black did a severe fade job in the sun. I hit it with Doc Bailey's and I'm still very happy with it. Almost 9 pounds of heavy leather.
X2

Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
wolf1477
Road Master

I've bought a couple jackets from Wilson...all I can say is "crap crap crap" First one I bought had an "irregularity" in the leather grain, causing it to split most of the way down the back, looked like I took a razor to it.

Second one I bought, the collar and waist frayed/tattered within weeks of purchase. Needless to say I wasn't impressed and refuse to give them any more of my money. I've always had good luck with HD leather (3 of them in the last almost 20 years) If I could fit into 'em they'd still be usable. They now are on the racks for memories as I was growing up.

I guess Farm & Fleet (may be a WI thing) has a good selection on reasonably priced quality leathers.

Wolf

Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
springerGT
Road Master

foxcreekleather.com
You'll not be disappointed.
My .02.

GT

Old 02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,694 Likes on 2,121 Posts

I've bought several leather jackets from Wilsons and been satisfied. Some were casual fall/spring made of lamb or another softer skin and those would tend lose the dye color if the surface wasrubbed too hard. My motorcycle jacket is the heavier long waist tapered style with a zip out lining. I really like the way it fits and it's warm in the late fall/early spring.

Wilson's used to sponsor an event in the Twin Cities where they would bring and surplus of discontinued products to the fairgrounds and have a 2 week sale. As the days pass the prices fall. My jacket was only $120, a little less than 1/2 price. We went back at the end of the sale and bought my wife a very nice casual jacket for $19, and I picked up a nice pair of insulated riding gloves for $9.

The fairgrounds sale has been eliminated andthese clearance products are now sold at retail stores withoutlet pricing. I feel their products are a good buy at the "outlet prices". They stillhave a few locations in outlet malls around the country.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Kentp
Advanced

Farm and Fleet looks good. Fox Creek a bit pricey, but sure appears to be fine quality. Given most prices, I guess I will most likely get a HD leather jacket. I get 20% off for the next month from the dealer I bought from. That puts most of the prices $290 - $320. That's about what I'd be paying at Fox Creek. I'll probably swing by the Wilson's Outlet.

Any other info is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Wilson's Leather - Cycle Jackets