General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deaths from Drunks Never Seems to End

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013 | 04:09 PM
Big Lebowski
|
Road Master
Default Deaths from Drunks Never Seems to End

Riders get hit and killed, but I've been following this local story since the accident near my home on April 7th. This rider was killed by an intoxicated driver that was also on the phone. What's sad and odd is that the rider's wife and daughter were also killed by a drunk two years ago.

The update today is that charges were finally filed. Probably a plea deal that will result in minimal time.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/15...tal-april.html

Old 07-15-2013 | 04:50 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

As long as there is alcohol and cars, people are gonna get killed. Drunk drivers are an ignorant buncha selfish ******** and should be treated/prosecuted as such! Plea deals are complete BS in these cases because that's not gonna change a damn thing in a drunk's mind.

Old 07-15-2013 | 04:54 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
Riders get hit and killed, but I've been following this local story since the accident near my home on April 7th. This rider was killed by an intoxicated driver that was also on the phone. What's sad and odd is that the rider's wife and daughter were also killed by a drunk two years ago.

The update today is that charges were finally filed. Probably a plea deal that will result in minimal time.

And, come to Maryville Tennessee and visit a local motorcycle bar. Some of the riders drink to the point of sloppy drunk. They get on their bikes and drive away. Their "friends" call them Bro and let them ride.

Old 07-15-2013 | 04:58 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

I dislike people that get drunk and drive. We see them locked up here On long Island often.
But can't tell you how many dozens of "OH I did not see him drivers " walk away with out even a failure to yield ticket. Leaving a DEAD or injured Biker

Old 07-15-2013 | 05:28 PM
obidio
Road Captain

Originally Posted by badwhine
And, come to Maryville Tennessee and visit a local motorcycle bar. Some of the riders drink to the point of sloppy drunk. They get on their bikes and drive away. Their "friends" call them Bro and let them ride.
Statistics on:

1. Drunk cagers who kill sober bikers?
2. Drunk bikers who are killed on the road because of their inebriation?

Old 07-15-2013 | 06:02 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member

for every drunk driver there are 20 idiots driving while texting or with a cell phone stuck in their ear. Just as dangerous!

Old 07-15-2013 | 06:20 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski

Could be ,, but first degree involuntary man slaughter is a very serious charge and under the right/wrong conditions you will wind up in the can for a very long time . Anyhow what a sad story , a whole family killed by drunk drivers . Incredible .

Old 07-15-2013 | 06:26 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member

They should pass a law making it illegal to drink and drive, that'll surely stop it. I mean hey, they say it works for gun control laws

Old 07-15-2013 | 06:56 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
They should pass a law making it illegal to drink and drive, that'll surely stop it. I mean hey, they say it works for gun control laws
And let's not forget how those severe drug laws have stopped the influx of drugs in America.

(sarcasm off)

Old 07-15-2013 | 07:05 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Unome
And let's not forget how those severe drug laws have stopped the influx of drugs in America.

(sarcasm off)
While you're at it, let's outlaw hookers! [/sarcasm]

Quick Reply: Deaths from Drunks Never Seems to End