General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Where do you stand on weight and the comfort of a Le Pera Bare Bones seat?
I'm a big guy and it's comfortable
0%
I'm a big guy and it's like riding on a board
33.33%
I'm of a decent weight and it's comfortable
0%
I'm of a decent weight and it's like riding a board
33.33%
I've gained weight and it's more comfortable
0%
I've gained weight and it still sucks
0%
I've lost weight and it's more comfortable
0%
I've lost weight and it still sucks
33.33%
Riding a Bare Bones is like riding your mother, It sucks and never gets you very far
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Le Pera Bare Bones -Weight vs. comfort

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Le Pera Bare Bones -Weight vs. comfort

So just figured I'd start a thread after doing a little thinking last night on my way home from work. I was on the Deuce and have had the Le Pera Bare Bones seat on it for the past week or so and noticed it's been extremely uncomfortable. "Well, duh!" some of you are probably saying. The thing is, this didn't used to be the case. I've ridden 150 mile days with one or two quick stops for gas before I needed to take a significant break, but lately it seems that 15-30 minutes and my *** is sore.

What gives? Well, when I first got my Bare Bones I weighed in at 240+ lbs and I'm now down to 177 at my lowest weigh in to date. I've noticed as I've lost weight and subsequently padding in the rear, that the Bare Bones has become harder and harder. Has anyone else discovered this correlation? I know it'll only apply to some of you that have lost or gained weight, but if you've not has any significant weight change and want to chime in with where you think you stand on the weight range and how comfortable you think the seat is, then feel free to chime in.