General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated delivery date

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
marshal
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated delivery date

Has anyone that ordered a bike before the strike recieved an updated delivery date from their dealer yet and if so what was the difference in dates.
Thanks
Anxious for my delivery

Old 02-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Updated delivery date

I had one on order, target date was March 3rd, talked to my dealer today and he told me that the bike he had ordered was 4-6 weeks out. I think that's pushing it but we will see. I bought one that he had in the back room, same thing as I had ordered, did not want to be without a ride.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 PM
hartick
Tourer

went to the dealer today. originally supposed to be here on the 22nd of feb. the parts guys said 1st of march (tomorrow), had the salesman look on the computer. he said still a few weeks. im guessing 15th-ish of march before anything set in stone. who knows maybe i will wake up to a phone call tomorrow.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I checked with my dealer yesterday, he said "the system" showed my ship date to actually have been moved up from March 23 to March 21. But I'm skeptical. Truth is, I won't rest easy until I get a VIN number and confirmation that it's out the factory door. According to the latest info from Harley http://www.ydr.com/harley/ci_5321311, they're cutting production of about 18k bikes total for the quarter.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

they cut production last year also and did not have a strike.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:32 PM
nmepage
Cruiser

Told me on Monday that my bike is at least 3 weeks out probably 4 or more. This sux, but what can you do? I guess make some calls and drive a couple hundred miles to get what you want. If you can find it.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
marshal
Advanced

On Tuesday my dealer said I was still in the system for March2nd delivery. I too am skeptical. But just as long as it is here by the first of April, I will be OK with that. Sold my Fatboy today hoping that my Ultra Classic will be here soon. At least I got to ride the Fatboy all day getting it inspected and all the other stuff involved when selling a vehicle. Actually rode about 75 miles today. Sunny and 50 degrees, was pretty nice. But really hate to see that bike gone but did not want two payments, insurance etc. Plan is for more long distance trips so the Ultra should be a good ride for that.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: marshal

On Tuesday my dealer said I was still in the system for March2nd delivery. I too am skeptical. But just as long as it is here by the first of April, I will be OK with that. Sold my Fatboy today hoping that my Ultra Classic will be here soon. At least I got to ride the Fatboy all day getting it inspected and all the other stuff involved when selling a vehicle. Actually rode about 75 miles today. Sunny and 50 degrees, was pretty nice. But really hate to see that bike gone but did not want two payments, insurance etc. Plan is for more long distance trips so the Ultra should be a good ride for that.
I'm very curious how the logistics are being worked out so that these ship dates haven't slipped. Common logic would dictate that if the strike lasted 3 weeks, the ship date would slip 3 or more weeks. I'm wondering if this means that any bikes originally scheduled to be built during those 3 weeks in February are being canceled and production is simply starting back up for those bikes originally scheduled to be built beginning this past Monday (the first official day the plant was back in production).

I'm trying not to obsess over it but the best riding weather of the season is quickly approaching here in North Texas and I hate to think that it could be well into April or May before I'd have my new ride.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:10 PM
flyslow
Road Captain

I had a ship date for an Ultra of March 9th. Got a call yesterday 2/27 that the new ship date would be March 26th so that works out to a 3 week slip in production. I am looking forward to the call with the VIN so i can get the insurance etc taken care of .

flyslow

Old 03-03-2007, 10:32 AM
marshal
Advanced

Evidently my original delivery date was 3/2. Got a call yesterday that it is now sometime in April.
Disappointing but what do ya do? Can't just buy one off the floor as my order is a LEO specialty bike.
Anyone else get updated delivery dates??

Quick Reply: Updated delivery date