General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transition lenses?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:52 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: transition lenses?

Bought a pair of the 200 Panoptx transition sunglasses at the H-D dealer. They got a yellow coating on the lens, Kinda hurt the eyes to look threw the glasses. Have had them 3 weeks and I'm very careful with them, they already have a scratch on the inside of the lens, don't have any idea how it got there either. Instead of paying 50.00 for a new lens I will probally throw them away, haven't been happy with them since I bought them. I will never buy another pair of glass that scratch that easily. My oakley regular sunglasses never got scratched that easily. I like the transition because I don't have to pull them off when coming home at nite.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
kingultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input, I guess that my quest for the perfect glasses will continue, I have a set of wileys (OK) and a pair "the best MC glasses" Ok too.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I doc
Intermediate

Transitions are OK. They have there pluses and minuses. They will not get as dark as sunglasses, althought the new ones get pretty close. They won't work behind anything that blocks UV rays, ie a car windshield, and the darken quickly but take a long time to lighten up.

I tell all my patients that if they want sunglasses, get sunglasses. I have apair of Wiley's and they work fine for me. But IMHO Maui Jim's are by for the best lenses available. Whatever you get, make sure they are polarized, and yes they can do polarized transitions, its new and your generic lenscrafters won't be able to get them. You need to go to a good small optical shop.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 30 Posts

panoptx rx day/nights.

worth every penny.

excellent wind protection, nice snug fit, dont look like goggles, transition lenses, durable and comfortable.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 PM
NY Deuce
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at/tried many of the transition lens glasses/goggles and I didn't like any of them. The so called "dark" tint was never dark enough on a sunny day in my opinion. I just carry both dark and clear lenses with me. It only takes about 10 seconds to change them and my dark lenses are actually dark when I need them to be.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an eye exam next month now I know what to ask for, THANKZ

Old 02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cardboard

Bought a pair of the 200 Panoptx transition sunglasses at the H-D dealer. They got a yellow coating on the lens, Kinda hurt the eyes to look threw the glasses. Have had them 3 weeks and I'm very careful with them, they already have a scratch on the inside of the lens, don't have any idea how it got there either. Instead of paying 50.00 for a new lens I will probally throw them away, haven't been happy with them since I bought them. I will never buy another pair of glass that scratch that easily. My oakley regular sunglasses never got scratched that easily. I like the transition because I don't have to pull them off when coming home at nite.
You can PM me and throw them out my way I'll take them for free if you are throwing them away.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 AM
kingultra
Cruiser

I think I will stop by an optic shop. I do not need perscription but I bet they are the ones to get a good quailty lens. I have a pair of costa delmar (sp?) glass lens sunglass and they are the best sunglass lens that I have ever had (but I like the foam pad of ridding glasses to keep the wind out) and I have got used to the quality and cheap glassed just do not seem right to me.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:59 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I have my eyes check every 2 yrs.and when I do upgrade I go the full boat transitions, antiglare,antiscratch.It well worth having glasses that are truly comfortable

Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 AM
kingultra
Cruiser

It well worth having glasses that are truly comfortable

Amen

Quick Reply: transition lenses?