General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CFR Pipes and service

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 03:30 AM
Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR Pipes and service

Has anyone had any dealings with CFR? I ordered and paid for some fluted pipes nearly 5 months ago through a parts supplier in England. They still haven't arrived and when they phone up and ask about them they are told next week, next week, next week.....This has been going on for months now and is getting really boring now. I won't get them this year the way they are going. Has anyone else had the same problem this year or is it just us being given the brush off all the time? I have never been able to find any direct contact details so can't chase them up myself.
I am really gutted as I want to do some work on my bike (stage 1, tour pack removal and a few others bits) but won't do it till I get the pipes and then I will take it off the road for a couple of weeks and get all the bits done at once. We have a very limited summer here in England for riding and this will mess it up now

Old 06-21-2013, 04:45 AM
roadchaser
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought my CFR'S from Iron Aces here in the states.
They were delivered in 3 days.. They sound awesome!!

Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been having a hard time looking for it too.Must be a very rare and sort after pipes

Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Intermediate

Roadchaser, I wish I had ordered though someone that had them in stock now. I didn't realise CFR had such bad service and even worse customer service. If anyone else is thinking about ordering from them beware as sitting waiting for something 5 months after you paid in full for them is really not fun and then every week without fail being told they will be sent next week is driving me round the bend....

Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Intermediate

HDogg if you do find someone that sells them, make sure they have them in stock is my advice.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Intermediate

I ordered and paid for mine with H R Harley in England.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM
HDogg
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mick 'Iceni' Smith
HDogg if you do find someone that sells them, make sure they have them in stock is my advice.
I just did,found one on Ebay,nice seller who gave me a good deal inclusive of shipping.I've paid for it and within hours he shipped it out.I've now got the tracking number which means it should reach my shores hopefully in 2 weeks.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Intermediate

Wow I am really happy for you. Nice one. Let us know what you think when you get them..

Originally Posted by HDogg
I just did,found one on Ebay,nice seller who gave me a good deal inclusive of shipping.I've paid for it and within hours he shipped it out.I've now got the tracking number which means it should reach my shores hopefully in 2 weeks.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 AM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any chance you can cancel the order and re-order through a US dealer? They may have more pull in being able to get the product to you. Maybe the drop shipping process becomes more complicated when shipping overseas?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
HDogg
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Wow I am really happy for you. Nice one. Let us know what you think when you get them..
Roger that.I hope it gets here within the next couple of weeks.I kinda like the black finish of the CFRs but since my bike is the denim black,I like the chrome headers too.So before I decide on the headers I thought I'd slip these on to the stock headers and see how it turns out and if it looks alright,Id get the Chrome headers with the black slip ons.What you guys think?

Quick Reply: CFR Pipes and service