General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Billy Lane

ORIGINAL: TXSwede

I'm sitting back and truly appreciating the ubsurdity of some of ya'll's posts. Now I dont profess to know the ins and outs of the universe and the inner workings of cosmic justice, but here on this planet, in this country of America, when one human being breaks the law and through his actions causes the death of another human being, that human being is to be punished through that same system of justice. Have you heard of 'blind justice'? Thats that lady holding the scales with the blindfold on. That means as a society we are to judge people fairly and not by how rich or poor they are, what vehicle they happen to roll with, what church they go to etc... I know this doesn't always ring true, but I for one just see a guy who broke several laws and because of his actions caused the death of another guy. Does anybody really see anything different?
Yes! It's BILLY! Gotta let him go!

Joe

Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I recall correctly, the serious injury charge was an additional charge added because of the 20 something year old girl that was a passenger in Lane's truck and was injured.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What really pi$$es me off about this whiole thing is... He had just been stopped in SC a short time prior to him murdering the man in FL.

It has been 18 years since I was stopped after I had a few. I was not charged with DUI, just reckless driving BUT it woke my a$$ up!
Now, I never have more than one. I will hang at my favorite watering hole all night and only have one. Why? Because I realized how lucky I was and how stupid I had been.

Billy had a chance to get his CHT together, and he blew it off. I am all for giving a guy a second chance, but he had his when he was stopped in SC without killing anyone. He should get the MAX. Put him in Raiford for a few years and see if that wakes him up a little bit.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:06 AM
brauny1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: camarotuner
People die, it's random and often meaningless. We die because we're designed to die. Not really too much digging to do really. Once you realize and really accept that it's all random you can truly sit back and appreciate the absurdity of the whole design.
Not hardly, we are 'designed' to live! and Mankind strives constantly to endure, prolong, protect, survival ofourlives every day.
We have control over many of these 'random' acts,many go unnoticed because they work, we live to see another day. another byincarceratingBillyso he will not commit another 'random' act of violence,just as we do to thousands of others that violate, kill, Mame many of our loved ones or ourselves. This man decided to drive while intoxicated, cross a double yellow to pass 3 cars, drove without a license, speed, and by his design killed another human being.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blind Justice, yes, we all know how blind it can be, Ted Kennedy, Patty Hearst, O J Simpson, Robert Blake, many many more, how blind was it then,. when they got off so easy..No the middle and poorer class do the time, pay the price,money talks, and talks loud, don't ever tell me justice is fair..justice is what you can afford..[:@]