General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Billy Lane

I see this differently than most. My son (now 25) was paralyzed by a drunk almost 3 years ago. This person never spent a day in jail, have any points on license or anything. My kid, left for dead, was lucky. He's still alive. Point is, the jury found the guy 'not guilty'. Kind of an OJ deal.

The guy did go to trial. Which Lane should do. Whatever happens, happens and you deal with it from there as best you can. I lost alot of faith in our legal system, but it's still the best around (just not perfect). Probaby feel this way because it didn't go our way.

I read the statement that 'we all have done this before and never got caught'. Yeah, probably true in many instances. But we all knew, before the first drink or whatever, what could happen. We just thought it wouldn't happen to us.

If Lane did do this, it makes no difference to me if it were a motorcyclist, a kid or a nun that he hit. Wrong is wrong. Again, I know I see it differently. I'm just glad I have 'problems' instead of only a 'memory'.

Sorry for the mini-rant/rambling.

Respect to all.....

Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser

Lane made his choices and leads the lifestyle he wants. It comes with consequences. It's time for him to pay the piper. That being said, I respect his attitude, the way he conducted himself and his business, and that he truly lived the life.

Course I think I've had discussions on this board before about Lane. THAT always goes well.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:11 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: camarotuner

Lane made his choices and leads the lifestyle he wants. It comes with consequences. It's time for him to pay the piper. That being said, I respect his attitude, the way he conducted himself and his business, and that he truly lived the life.

Course I think I've had discussions on this board before about Lane. THAT always goes well.
"camarotuner"

"Course I think I've had discussions on this board before about Lane. THAT always goes well."

That was before he killed someone right ? I liked him then too ! it's a shame he really fu*ked up bigtime.

cj

Old 02-26-2007, 06:43 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: traveler

I feel sorry for Billy. He didn't do anything alot of us haven't done before....we just got lucky and he didn't. I feel for the victim of course....but in my opinion, it was his time to go. Just like my brothers in arms in the desert, good men dying every day, makes no sense, it was just their time. What I find bad, is how many of you out there show no compassion for Billy when 90% of you have done the same $hit before and didn't get caught. If it makes you feel better, he will get convicted of manslauter, and get probably 10 years, if I had to guess. On good behavior, he could be paroled in probably 4.

Joe
[&:]
"his time to go" So your saying God,budda,ala or whoever runs the pearly gates had it in for this poor guy and used billy as his instrument of death? You sir are wacko!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:51 PM
kpreese
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jskelington
The dude lived the life any of us would die for.
Actually, it's a lifestyle that Mr. Morelock would die for.

Kevin

Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

its pretty normal for lessor charges to be dropped so the prosecutors can focus on the main charge. being found guilty of driving with a suspended license, or whatever it was, doesn't even carry jail time. That other charge is a bit ambiguous, and can only be explained by legal folks in that state.
if I were the family of the victim, I would rather see time spent on making sure the most heinous crime was punished properly.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

I'm a firm believer in the fact individuals like billy lane and the individual that paralized raporte's son will get theirs in the end one way or another!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

ORIGINAL: traveler

I feel sorry for Billy. He didn't do anything alot of us haven't done before....we just got lucky and he didn't. I feel for the victim of course....but in my opinion, it was his time to go. Just like my brothers in arms in the desert, good men dying every day, makes no sense, it was just their time. What I find bad, is how many of you out there show no compassion for Billy when 90% of you have done the same $hit before and didn't get caught. If it makes you feel better, he will get convicted of manslauter, and get probably 10 years, if I had to guess. On good behavior, he could be paroled in probably 4.

Joe
[&:]
"his time to go" So your saying God,budda,ala or whoever runs the pearly gates had it in for this poor guy and used billy as his instrument of death? You sir are wacko!
If you can explain to me why good people still get killed, I'd love to hear it!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser

People die, it's random and often meaningless. We die because we're designed to die. Not really too much digging to do really. Once you realize and really accept that it's all random you can truly sit back and appreciate the absurdity of the whole design.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:28 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sitting back and truly appreciating the ubsurdity of some of ya'll's posts. Now I dont profess to know the ins and outs of the universe and the inner workings of cosmic justice, but here on this planet, in this country of America, when one human being breaks the law and through his actions causes the death of another human being, that human being is to be punished through that same system of justice. Have you heard of 'blind justice'? Thats that lady holding the scales with the blindfold on. That means as a society we are to judge people fairly and not by how rich or poor they are, what vehicle they happen to roll with, what church they go to etc... I know this doesn't always ring true, but I for one just see a guy who broke several laws and because of his actions caused the death of another guy. Does anybody really see anything different?

Quick Reply: Billy Lane