General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default RE: Billy Lane

Understand your view and agree

Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I feel sorry for Billy. He didn't do anything alot of us haven't done before....we just got lucky and he didn't. I feel for the victim of course....but in my opinion, it was his time to go. Just like my brothers in arms in the desert, good men dying every day, makes no sense, it was just their time. What I find bad, is how many of you out there show no compassion for Billy when 90% of you have done the same $hit before and didn't get caught. If it makes you feel better, he will get convicted of manslauter, and get probably 10 years, if I had to guess. On good behavior, he could be paroled in probably 4.

Joe
[&:]

Old 02-26-2007, 03:23 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 02-26-2007, 03:25 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Billy who?

Old 02-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Radical
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: traveler

I feel sorry for Billy. He didn't do anything alot of us haven't done before....we just got lucky and he didn't. I feel for the victim of course....but in my opinion, it was his time to go. Just like my brothers in arms in the desert, good men dying every day, makes no sense, it was just their time. What I find bad, is how many of you out there show no compassion for Billy when 90% of you have done the same $hit before and didn't get caught. If it makes you feel better, he will get convicted of manslauter, and get probably 10 years, if I had to guess. On good behavior, he could be paroled in probably 4.

Joe
Ahhhh...I "didn't get caught" but I never killed anyoneeither....big difference. The guy killed someone and I feel sorry for their family not for this guy who glorified partying.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Cav
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: traveler

Joe
Somehow, I get the sense from your post that you regard Billy as the real victim here and the deceased as just some poor sod whose "time had come". I'd like to think I'm reading that wrong, but I don't see how I could be.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

I say give the guy a break....not the law but us as fellow bikers. The dude lived the life any of us would die for. He just ****ed up. He's on of us. Tell me who here has NEVER had a few beers and rode.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jskelington

I say give the guy a break....not the law but us as fellow bikers. The dude lived the life any of us would die for. He just ****ed up. He's on of us. Tell me who here has NEVER had a few beers and rode.
Give him a break?? and if that was a loved one, your wife, son, daughter on the scooter that he ran over and litterly tore their bodies to pieces would you still say, ahh, give him a break, he is one of us..and who the heck is us?? sorry but I disagree he needs to be hung out to dry.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:44 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Give him a break?? and if that was a loved one, your wife, son, daughter on the scooter that he ran over and litterly tore their bodies to pieces would you still say, ahh, give him a break, he is one of us..and who the heck is us?? sorry but I disagree he needs to be hung out to dry.
I hear ya ....."give him a break" was a bad choice of words. It just seems like a few years ago everybody loved him and now everyone wants to crucify him. I just hate that mentality.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

"jskelington"

"give the guy a break... but us as fellow bikers. The dude lived the life any of us would die for...He just ****ed up"

Fu*k Billy ! hes no follow biker of mine, FU*K his life style ! he screw up big time when he got drunk and drove the big pick-up and ran down somebody on a motor bike, he passed in a no passing lane, turn over the truck, must have been in a hurry to get his rocks off with the hotti in the truck !

"He's on of us."

Watch that term "hes one of us"

"Tell me who here has NEVER had a few beers and rode."

Me for one, only AHs drive/ride when twice over the limit !

cj

Quick Reply: Billy Lane