General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes you meet the best people.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013 | 10:31 AM
thrapy
Cruiser

life's too short enjoy every ride. because every ride is a memory

Old 06-16-2013 | 10:55 AM
the blob
Road Warrior

Great story, but in my neck if the woods bikers,arnt thar friendly.
Unless you ride a new bike, you are ignored i like my freinds though.
My jeep club is a totaly diff. Story they are all friendly no matter what.

Old 06-16-2013 | 11:16 AM
mmf
Cruiser

Great story indeed. Sounds like these guys.

Attached Thumbnails Sometimes you meet the best people.-stl-nite-owls-mc.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013 | 12:38 PM
BareBones
Tourer

That's a great story. I hope I'm still riding by then. And I don't care if I'm dropping my bike regularly or not.

Old 06-16-2013 | 02:13 PM
DaveTheButcher
Road Captain

Great story, I do however disagree with the post of "get out much" can't recall who it was but to ME, the whole essence of the story went over that posters head, I'm sure like me, most ppl on here have a couple good buddies that you shoot the **** with, but its awfully rare to come across genuinely nice people, STRANGERS at that, that will welcome you into conversation like they've known you for years, THAT'S the true essence of this story, the fact that there are still down to earth people out there, and we all know how rare that is, I get out quite often and RARELY come across good people, REGARDLESS where I'm at. Anyway, once again great story and good read.

Old 06-16-2013 | 04:26 PM
Dalenut3
Cruiser

Great story indeed and thanks for sharing as well. I have heard more than once that a "stranger" is simply a friend you have not met yet...its stories like this one that makes me believe that saying is true. Thanks again

Old 06-16-2013 | 04:41 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Just read the story to my wife as a warning as to what she can expect in about 10 years or so....

Best post of the day, Thanks Man!

Old 06-16-2013 | 05:38 PM
SaggyPants
Advanced
Default Gold medal

Originally Posted by DYNAmiteBuzz
As I approached an intersection I noticed on my left three older men trying to lift a white bike off the ground. Of course I stopped to help.
I wonder why 3 senior citizens and 1 other man felt like they had to lift the bike off the ground. It appears to me as if they should have been trying to stand it up on two wheels and not lift the bike off the ground. I don't get it because there are some very popular Youtube videos that will show you how to set a fallen bike back up on two wheels. No doubt many of you have seen the vids, the best one is the demonstration given by a little itty-bitty woman. I don't know, if she could do it it would seem like a 70 year old man could do it, maybe. I don't know any 70 year old men who ride so I don't know if a healthy 70 year old track and field athlete could upright a fallen bike. But then again they do have the Senior Olympics here in the U.S.

Last edited by SaggyPants; 06-16-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2013 | 05:59 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior

I myself have just retired (truck driver-auto hauler) the people I've have meet and the thing's that I've seen. Bring a smile on my face when I think of them. It's a big world and it takes all kinds to fill it

Old 06-16-2013 | 06:26 PM
SaggyPants
Advanced
Default Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am

Originally Posted by farmboy555
I myself have just retired (truck driver-auto hauler) the people I've have meet and the thing's that I've seen. Bring a smile on my face when I think of them. It's a big world and it takes all kinds to fill it
Those people that you interacted with who bring a smile to your face: If you had gotten to know them a lot better on a personal level they might have stabbed you in the back or poisoned your food. There's one thing that I like about being a driver for a commercial carrier like U.P.S. or FedEx, on most occasions you have a limited amount of time to see only the good side of people. It's "Hello, here's your package" and then "Goodbye til next time!"

Quick Reply: Sometimes you meet the best people.