Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****Head Riders!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 AM
see22ds
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****Head Riders!

So yesterday after completeing some long overdue chores around the house and listening to the countless HD's roaring off in the distance I decided it was time to go for a ride. Was a great day in the mid 70's with the sun shining. The ride was by great due to hitting many backroads and just enjoying the scenery, and seeing tons of folks out riding. As I was heading back home (friends coming over for grill out and cold ones)I had to head through a small town where traffic was a little heavy, but not too bad. I passed through town, all 1 mile of it, and on the outskirts there is a 4 way stop. At the stop sign is me turning left, a truck going straight and 2 other guys on harleys across from me which i thought were going straight because they did not signal. I had the right of way and even got the customery hand motion from one of the other riders to go ahead.

This is where is goes bad! I make my turn and maybe 25 yards after the intersection hear the other 2 bikes really hammering on the throttle, and can see them in my rearview right behind me. I was to the far right of the lane when one of the guys pulls along on my left and the other guy on my right (mind you opposite lane of oncoming trafiic). The ****** then decide to just stay along side of me and the guy on the right forcing me more towrds the middle of the lane so he could squeeze over. I slowed they slowed, i sped they sped...was a total WTF moment which lasted for about 1/2 mile. Now I will tell ya if I had to guess these guys were late 40's early 50's, look like lifetime riders...one looked like ZZ top dude and the other was close but more strung out, now the OL's on the back looked like they were rode hard and putaway wet...Not casting any judgements here, but very sterotypical bikers dude, but I didnt notice any patches...but they did look like a rough pair. These guys were laughing the whole time and even one of the OL's had a look of sorry on her face. It was clear these guys were having their fun with me for whatever reason...all the while I was shitting bricks.

The only thing which i truly believed stopped this was a Sheriffs deputy was coming in the opposite direction and these guys saw him and pulled ahead of me and just kept going while i slowed to about 40 mph. I ended up pulling over at the next intersection and just sat there thinking did this really just happpen, 2 grown men who looked like hardcore bikers **** with me...and as I was standing there a cager stopped next to me and asked, "What the **** was that, did you know those ***holes?" I am not kidding it was like a scene out of a bad movie. I simply shooked my head no to the guy in the car and off he went and off I went and headed home. Got home, grabbed a cold one, but didnt tell the GF what just happened.

I am still flabergasted a day later and wonder did I do somrthing to cause this, did i need see them motion me to make my turn...the more i go over it in my head the more i know i didnt do anything wrong. So it boils down to 2 grown men acting like ***ks for whatever purpose...no wonder many people think anyone who owns a motorcycle are bad seeds. Anyone ever expiernece something as childish not to mention dangerous?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

You meet the nicest people when you step out your door.
my heads on a swivel when I'm out

It's only going to get better with the major influx of new Officers from the bama admin

Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM
georgepink
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's asses all over the place. Easier said than done, (you're obviously a little shaken) but blow it off, don't let it get to you anymore than it has.

Who knows or even cares what their motives were. Letting it fester in you will just make you paranoid, it's over, you are physically ok, and you'll probably never see them again. Ride safe and fun.
G.

Originally Posted by see22ds
So yesterday after completeing some long overdue chores around the house and listening to the countless HD's roaring off in the distance I decided it was time to go for a ride. Was a great day in the mid 70's with the sun shining. The ride was by great due to hitting many backroads and just enjoying the scenery, and seeing tons of folks out riding. As I was heading back home (friends coming over for grill out and cold ones)I had to head through a small town where traffic was a little heavy, but not too bad. I passed through town, all 1 mile of it, and on the outskirts there is a 4 way stop. At the stop sign is me turning left, a truck going straight and 2 other guys on harleys across from me which i thought were going straight because they did not signal. I had the right of way and even got the customery hand motion from one of the other riders to go ahead.

This is where is goes bad! I make my turn and maybe 25 yards after the intersection hear the other 2 bikes really hammering on the throttle, and can see them in my rearview right behind me. I was to the far right of the lane when one of the guys pulls along on my left and the other guy on my right (mind you opposite lane of oncoming trafiic). The ****** then decide to just stay along side of me and the guy on the right forcing me more towrds the middle of the lane so he could squeeze over. I slowed they slowed, i sped they sped...was a total WTF moment which lasted for about 1/2 mile. Now I will tell ya if I had to guess these guys were late 40's early 50's, look like lifetime riders...one looked like ZZ top dude and the other was close but more strung out, now the OL's on the back looked like they were rode hard and putaway wet...Not casting any judgements here, but very sterotypical bikers dude, but I didnt notice any patches...but they did look like a rough pair. These guys were laughing the whole time and even one of the OL's had a look of sorry on her face. It was clear these guys were having their fun with me for whatever reason...all the while I was shitting bricks.

The only thing which i truly believed stopped this was a Sheriffs deputy was coming in the opposite direction and these guys saw him and pulled ahead of me and just kept going while i slowed to about 40 mph. I ended up pulling over at the next intersection and just sat there thinking did this really just happpen, 2 grown men who looked like hardcore bikers **** with me...and as I was standing there a cager stopped next to me and asked, "What the **** was that, did you know those ***holes?" I am not kidding it was like a scene out of a bad movie. I simply shooked my head no to the guy in the car and off he went and off I went and headed home. Got home, grabbed a cold one, but didnt tell the GF what just happened.

I am still flabergasted a day later and wonder did I do somrthing to cause this, did i need see them motion me to make my turn...the more i go over it in my head the more i know i didnt do anything wrong. So it boils down to 2 grown men acting like ***ks for whatever purpose...no wonder many people think anyone who owns a motorcycle are bad seeds. Anyone ever expiernece something as childish not to mention dangerous?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

WTF has 'bama admin' got to do with this? Moron...

see22ds,
You just gotta let it go. If there is a next time, you may handle it different, if not no worries. It's easy to say what I would do, but that isn't you. Dicks will be dicks, no matter how well you treat them. Just because you give strangers respect without judgement, doesn't mean they will return it. You have to respect yourself before you can respect others. Those guys probably ride around trying to be bad, because they were dorks when they were young enough to actually be bad. Probably got picked on much worse than they pick on others now...

No different than firefighter616, people say and do the dumbest things when out in public. Who the hell cares what his political views are, yet he feels compelled to spit them out every chance he gets. Like his post above, even when they have absolutely nothing to do with the current topic of conversation...

(Edit: I guess I should apologize to firefighter616. I just noticed yer from NY, a built in excuse for being a moron if I ever did see one! )

I also forgot to add...
Stupid people, stupid riders, stupid drivers, and no one using any significant amount of good sense, are the main reasons I try to avoid riding on weekends.

Last edited by Def Mute; 06-10-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out how Obama is responsible for the OP's situation myself. OP, you survived and the bad men have gone away. Probably will never happen again. You won't tell your girlfriend about the incident and why? She will not make you sell the bike will she? The strange crap is what makes life interesting some days.
Originally Posted by Def Mute

see22ds,
You just gotta let it go. If there is a next time, you may handle it different, if not no worries. It's easy to say what I would do, but that isn't you. Dicks will be dicks, no matter how well you treat them. Just because you give strangers respect without judgement, doesn't mean they will return it. You have to respect yourself before you can respect others. Those guys probably ride around trying to be bad, because they were dorks when they were young enough to actually be bad. Probably got picked on much worse than they pick on others now...

No different than firefighter616, people say and do the dumbest things when out in public. Who the hell cares what his political views are, yet he feels compelled to spit them out every chance he gets. Like his post above, even when they have absolutely nothing to do with the current topic of conversation...

(Edit: I guess I should apologize to firefighter616. I just noticed yer from NY, a built in excuse for being a moron if I ever did see one! ;P)

I also forgot to add...
Stupid people, stupid riders, stupid drivers, and no one using any significant amount of good sense, are the main reasons I try to avoid riding on weekends.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck of a story...........just try to forget about it, asshats come in many shapes and sizes. Glad you are okay!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Meh, it's just the same **** on a different day, OP. What makes you think that just because someone rides, that they're automatically gonna pay better attention or be courteous?

You're better off riding under the assumption that EVERYONE is trying to kill you.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Prolly jealous that you've got the nicer bike. Birds pick at the best fruit and all that jazz ...

Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by Def Mute
Some have to blame him for anything and everything.

But I'm glad that you're okay OP. You just have to chalk it up to a-holes will be a-holes.

I had a situation Saturday. Two lanes on a highway and two cars merging from the right. I'm in the right lane. I look into my mirror and don't see anyone, so I get into the left lane. As I'm passing the two cars, a truck passes me going at least 80-85 in a 65 mph zone but he's in the yellow striped turn/median lane. Rocks and dirt are flying. The highway there is winding and over hills, so maybe that's why I didn't see him. Still, I guess slowing down wasn't an option for him.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's Bush's fault.

Quick Reply: ****Head Riders!