General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohio Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,845 Likes on 2,298 Posts
Default Ohio Bike Week

I spent a couple of days at the rally in Sandusky. There really wasn't a whole lot going on and I pretty much spent the time riding around the islands and lakeshore.

Unfortunately, the event started out on a sour note and a rider was killed when a sixteen-year-old in a jeep turned left in front of the lady.

I don't really care much for the actual events going on. There really was just a small strip of vendors outside of Mad River Harley. Mainly a lot of people sitting around drinking beer. I did catch the demo on Monday and it was nice. I really liked riding the seventy-two.

I was going to go on a group ride this morning but there were 187 riders going to mansifeld and I was a bit leery. Some of people didn't look like they had it together. I was standing outside of the dealer and a lady pulled up on a Sportster and tried to park the bike in an empty space between two other bikes. She grabbed the throttle and the bike plowed into some guys bike. I just heard a roar and when I looked she had taken out the bike next t her. There were also a lot of people that didn't look too sure of themselves and I was not interested in the group ride.

Other than that, I had a good time riding around the lakeshore. Here is a panorama shot of Marblehead lighthouse early in the morning. It was a great time riding around the lake and taking the bike on the ferry over to Kelly's Island.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

I had planned on going up there earlier this week, but have not been able to yet.

Hope to tomorrow though.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,845 Likes on 2,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
I had planned on going up there earlier this week, but have not been able to yet.

Hope to tomorrow though.
They have the free Kelly's Island ferry tomorrow. But if you are into the concerts and stuff you might wait until at least Thursday evening. Not much going on until then. It was a bit crowded when I left this afternoon but yesterday was dead.