Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pizz Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:20 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pizz Poor Customer Service

In this day of buy anything at any time of the day you would think that companies would spend a little more attention to their customer service. I have found a place that rockets to the top of my lousy service list, chromebolt.com. I found this place while looking for a couple of chrome fasteners and spacers for my winter bike project. The website was easy to navigate and the selection seemed pretty extensive. All was going good until I made the fateful call to Customer Service for some additional specifications on their hardware.

Call after call goes into pushbutton hell, no human answers the phone, messages left are not returned and e-mail must to into cyberspace somewhere. I've made no less than 10 calls to this place and got an actual human once. I explained my question, was told that "he'd have to check the warehouse" and would get back to me. Well, needless to say that won't happen.

What's most frustrating is that the spec I was looking for was so simple to post on the website or have on hand when people call, but I guess they have other thoughts. What was the magic information I needed? The outside diameter of a chrome spacer I was looking at on the website. ID measurements, depth, no problem, no one thought to post the overall OD of the stock.

I don't know if anyone has actually used this place before, what the quality of the product is or anything else about them. All I know is that they won't be getting my business if they can't hire someone to answer a phone.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:30 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Pizz Poor Customer Service

Surely there must be other venders.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course there are other vendors and I've actually ordered the bolts and other hardware from a place in GA. I can say that a live person answered the phone there, answered every question I had about some stainless steel round stock, pricing, shipping, etc. it was actually pretty easy. MMS & Accessories in Rydal, GA In addition to the great service, their pricing was better too.

I was just trying to make a point about the lack of anything that remotely resembles customer service at some places.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 AM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked in a call ceneter for 4 years. Call centers are not customer service oriented. They preach it all the time in teh business but take it from me they care $hit about helping. Companys have to make a choice. Spend a lot of cash on good customer service experience or provide a discounted product. You can't have both!
good luck finding a company that can help you find what you are looking for then when you do -- use the hell out of them cause they will not last long.