General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

helmet question/ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I currently wear a DOT Vega XTS Naked. I've worn the Daytona DOT, Skull crusher etc around the back woods of Vermont but they all have the mushroom head look. They sit high up on your head. Then my Buddy picked up one of these DOT AK-88's. It isn't cheap particularly having to ship from Canada, but its the lowest profile, no mushroom head helmet I've yet to see. I just ordered one myself for cruising around Vermont back roads! I'll still wear the Vega though on Long out of state road trips!

http://allforbikers.com/

Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Get a DOT sticker for your helmet......

Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
YEAH!!

Shame on the bat rastards for doing what they get paid to do!
Thanks! I couldn't agree more although I didn't call anybody a rat bastard... best way to get more revenue ticket the workin man every chance we get eh... yeah every ticket handed out
is deserved .... wait you must be a cop naw there's no cops on this forum....

Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

akouri AK-88 is the smallest dot approved helmet

Old 06-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Mo.Rob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stro1965
BS. If my insurance rates go up because you chose not to wear a helmet and cost the insurance company a couple million bucks to keep you alive, it absolutely does affect me and every other driver on the road.
This is a big load of crap, I can say the same thing about smokers, I hate my insurance rates going up because they smoke all their life and get lung cancer, what about liver transplants for drinkers. the list can go on and on.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Mo.Rob
This is a big load of crap, I can say the same thing about smokers, I hate my insurance rates going up because they smoke all their life and get lung cancer, what about liver transplants for drinkers. the list can go on and on.
It's not a load of crap. Crack downs on smokers have been happening for years too. Can't smoke in bars and restaurants around here at all. Why? Because it effects others.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:01 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mo.Rob
My state spent over 1 billion dollars on perks for illegal aliens with taxpayer money. but a few bikers who might and i mean might need long term care is cause for alarm . I nsurance company's love having any kind of excuse to raise rates.

As to the DOT mushroom helmet I have found the 3/4 helmets very comfortable and as for looks not sure dont really care. Let Those Who RIDE...DECIDE!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Ride free, nobody lives forever

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
Ride free, nobody lives forever
Thats right, nobody lives forever. But for people that receive a head injury and don't die, instead spending their 'life' sitting in a wheelchair held up by a bedsheet tied around their chest and with a string of spittle hanging from their chins into their laps, it just seems like forever.

Ron

Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
Pretty much what I told him. Congratulated him on the nice racket he had going, then asked him if he didn't have anything better t do with his time? If you're gonna cost me money, you're gonna get an earful. Go catch a murderer/rapist/drug dealer... if I wreck my bike and die, the only person I've hurt is me.... get over it.
Actually I was being sarcastic. They have a j o b to do and obviously did it. LMAO!!!!

Quick Reply: helmet question/ticket