General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beaming. The guy was just beaming. I guess we're all that way.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:01 AM
TJB50
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beaming. The guy was just beaming. I guess we're all that way.

Great post and thanks for sharing a great story. You made that guy's day. To many other examples of people not slowing down and enjoying life a little more!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I'm from Florida. I rode up to Monroe, NC on Tuesday. I had printed some directions and were going over them in a Waffle House along the way when a nice older truck driver came over and started talking bikes. He has 2 Harleys at the house. We shot the breeze for about 25 minutes (which was good, I got to warm up some more in the cold) and before we parted ways he gave me a different set of directions. I verified what I could of them against my poorly printed map and set off. Not only did it save me about 40 miles, it cut an hour off my Interstate riding and put me through some nice winding backroads.

Hats off to the Harley community.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

"bike went right overand broke the mirror, bent the bars, scratched everything on the left side. We went out and picked him up and he just told the mechanic to take it back into the shop and fix it !"

OMG! That's just heart-breaking, esp on a BRAND NEW bike the poor guy just got on 30 seconds before...

Yes I agree, there's nothing I'd rather be doing than riding my bike, sitting and looking at it or tinkering with itor talking/day-dreaming about it! lol

Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 AM
hondaherb
Road Captain

Last year I bought my daughter a 750 Shadow from an individual, I noticed a dent in the tank about the size of a golf ball. I asked the seller what happened, he stated that the first day he had it, the bike fell over and the dent was the results. She rode the bike with the dent (with a sticker of a bullit hole) until 3 weeks ago when we had it fixed and painted a super custom Pearl white with blue flames. I know the previous owned was sick the day he dropped the bike, but it look great now. By the way, my screen name of hondaherb remains as most local people know me by that....maybe someday I will change it to harleyherb, but who knows.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:04 AM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya' got a good ear txharleyguy.No doubt the new owner was excited and he let you know about it.I'm usually a queit person,but talking about my bike gets me going.My talking turned out to be a not so good thing.A customer off mine used to come in for lunch almost everyday.He's got a sweetWide Glide with all the goodies and a custom airbrush paintjob.For years we would talk about bikes,NASCARetc.He knew how bad I wanted to get a Harley.Two weeks afterI got my bike,he stopped coming in.I was chewing his ear off about what the bike already had and what I wantedto change or add.I guess he just wanted to enjoy his lunch in peace once in a while!

Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is one of the things I love most,,,,,, I am guilty of the the ear bendin,,,
I'll stop and talk to ya when ever ,where ever,,,
come to think of it,,, thats why I,m here... need to talk bikes!!!! lol

now,,, if I fix my gingavitis,,,foul smell,BO,and become more litterate,, I might get someone to talk back!!! lol

Old 02-24-2007, 05:56 AM
mdewberry
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with Electra, we all are that way or we wouldn't be using this forum. I love to talk to other riders about there bikes. One thing I enjoy the most is when I compliment a Honda, Sudzuki, Yamaha etc rider on their bike and they say something like "I wish I could afford a Harley" and little do they realize that I spent less than 10 grand for my Deuce. Boy it sure makes you proud. The true test of any piece of new chrome is on Sat mornings, I love to get up and ride my Happy little butt to the auto parts store. It don't take long for the guys that are wrenching on their cages to congregate around the bike. I guess its like the old Toyota commercials "OH What A Feeling"

Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 PM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hondaherb

Last year I bought my daughter a 750 Shadow from an individual, I noticed a dent in the tank about the size of a golf ball. I asked the seller what happened, he stated that the first day he had it, the bike fell over and the dent was the results. She rode the bike with the dent (with a sticker of a bullit hole) until 3 weeks ago when we had it fixed and painted a super custom Pearl white with blue flames. I know the previous owned was sick the day he dropped the bike, but it look great now. By the way, my screen name of hondaherb remains as most local people know me by that....maybe someday I will change it to harleyherb, but who knows.

It shouldn't bother anybody here who matters. Go with what makes you happy. I was just funnin' with ya.

Ride safe.

<><Peace

Old 02-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I can relate to this directly. In Aug.1997, on a 2 week trip with 9 other friends,we stoppedinSeattle Wa. to buyt shirts and I would up trading for a new FXSTC. It was a Great Day! I will never forget it.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:13 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Yea, the neatest part of being involved inthis is how other riders, who are strangers, will help you, out, talk toyou, etc., like you are an old friend. I too have noticed how other riders, even when they are not on their bikes at the time, will smile wave, or simply say hi with a knowing smile when I'm on my scooter, or taking a coffee rbeak with my riding gear on and Susie parked outside!

Every time I've been to Sturgis, it seems like I have 100,000+ "friends" while there! in 6 months, I move to Rapid City, 30 minutes away! My final Air Force assignment, God willing, before retirement from the service, and then back to my electricians tools.

Joe
[&:]