General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New front tire flat

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013 | 07:40 AM
motocat13
|
4th Gear
Angry New front tire flat

Just had a motorcycle tire place put a new front tire on. I got it home then in the evening when I went to take it out tire is completely flat. I have no way of getting the bike back to the place to see what happened. Its a small place. Waiting for it to open so I can figure something out....having to take off work to do it,,,anyone know if fix a flat will work so I can get it back to the shope thats like 10 miles away???? Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 05-25-2013 | 11:14 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by motocat13
Just had a motorcycle tire place put a new front tire on. I got it home then in the evening when I went to take it out tire is completely flat. I have no way of getting the bike back to the place to see what happened. Its a small place. Waiting for it to open so I can figure something out....having to take off work to do it,,,anyone know if fix a flat will work so I can get it back to the shope thats like 10 miles away???? Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Did you try putting air in it? Then spray windex all over tire to guage where and how bad leak is, if it isn't too bad, drive it back to tire place.

Old 05-25-2013 | 11:23 AM
glock221
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by motocat13
I would not put fix a flat in it. Maybe the valve stem is loose? Maybe you ran over a nail or screw. Maybe you bought a vee rubber tire?

Old 05-25-2013 | 11:23 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member

It could be something as simple as the valve core wasn't screwed in tight enough.

Old 05-25-2013 | 11:50 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

DO NOT put fix a flat in it !!!! That crap causes more problems than you ever know and theres a very good chance the store will reject any kind of warranty or charge you again for using it . Big no no on a bike .

Old 05-25-2013 | 02:04 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior

Air it up and spray some soap water all over until you see bubbles. That is where it is leaking from. May be from around the rim, nail, valve stem or valve stem core. I once checked my air pressure the night before my I leaving for a day ride. Get out in the morning and my front tire is flat. i was pissed because I had a flat and missed a good group ride. I filled it with air and soaped it up no nothing. Watched it for a week without riding and it held air with no pressure lost at the end of the week. Guess the stem did not seat properly when I had checked the pressure and let it leak all night until down.

Old 05-25-2013 | 03:06 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member

Call the motorcycle place and describe the problem. Odds are it's their fault and they should transport the bike back to the shop and fix it. Unless you first find out that you picked up a nail or something like that.

Old 05-25-2013 | 03:22 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member

If this tire went down overnight, it will not be hard to find the leak.

Old 05-25-2013 | 07:55 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

You can't take the tire off of the front of your bike and get transportation to the tire place? Easy to transport a tire and rim.

Old 05-25-2013 | 08:03 PM
ClifWideGlide
Tourer

At least it happened in your garage and not while you was riding it! If it ever does you will never forget that feeling of your front end shaking and have almost no control of it. That's how mine happened twice! Both times it was the inner tube rubbing against the rim spoke nipples and that's when I got new rims without tubes.

Quick Reply: New front tire flat