General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Poor Harley Switchback...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013 | 08:29 AM
kingomtn
Road Captain

the big cubes is a big plus and I also share in the belief something is a little 'off' with the design.
A quick glance it reminds me of a honda shadow

Old 04-29-2014 | 08:43 PM
NDCRFAN
Stage II
Default Not so fast!

I just got a new 2014 Switchback and I love it. I spent a couple of months trying out every brand of bike and it came down to the Road King and the Switchback. At 6ft tall I was just not comfortable on the RK. I was too cramped and felt like I was sitting on the tank. The Switchback had a very comfortable position for me and I like the sportier look. I don't need an 800+ pound bike, I want a bike that is fun to ride, and looks great. You won't find me trashing your bikes in the forum but I will acknowledge you on the road. Until then......

Last edited by NDCRFAN; 04-29-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2014 | 08:54 PM
superman70
Road Captain

My wife likes hers and with the pipes.and power commander it is pretty quick. Great big twin for the ladies.

Old 04-29-2014 | 09:19 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member

I think the Switchback problem is the fact it's a "tweener". Someone who really wants a bagger will think it's too small, and some one who wants a quick nimble Dyna doesn't want it to look like a bagger.
Just like any other Harley - it's only limitation is your imagination. I've seen some great looking Switchbacks on this forum that I would be proud to own- I just don't have the time, chops & $$ to do some of the things others here have done with their Switchback.
JMHO.

Old 04-29-2014 | 11:21 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

A Dyna with a pseudo FL fork. (not sure if they even addressed the rake?) It was only a matter of time as the Moco likes like to mix and match parts, apply a snappy name to it and sell it as innovation or even worse, a "custom". It's like Pizza Hut or Taco Bell really. It's still the same sauce, cheese and bread but with a new name this week.

Old 04-29-2014 | 11:24 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xube

The third photo is the best looking Switchback I've seen.

[/QUOTE]

This version is outstanding. This bike begs for the original Duo Glide treatment.

Old 04-30-2014 | 12:33 AM
Scott Naslund
Advanced

I personnaly love all the banter about switch back from folks with me toos and eg.. its half bagger roadqueen etc gas tank to small blah blah.. I say lets do a 400 to 500 mile day trip, the same people are like nah lets just hit a few bars.. I mean come on wtf you get a touring bike anyway lol.. Ill buy a touring bike when Im logging 10000 miles plus touring a year.. Ill take on your rk, me too, and EG on triple nickel or indiana sr 43,45 and 135 any day of the week lol..

The following users liked this post:
heavyd1 (07-09-2019)
Old 04-30-2014 | 06:13 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

price is what does it for me.

Old 04-30-2014 | 06:31 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member

Change the front rim to something more substantial or even the smooth spoked wheel and I may have bought one after coming from a Road King.

Old 04-30-2014 | 06:39 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by dgdamore
A Dyna with a pseudo FL fork. (not sure if they even addressed the rake?) It was only a matter of time as the Moco likes like to mix and match parts, apply a snappy name to it and sell it as innovation or even worse, a "custom". It's like Pizza Hut or Taco Bell really. It's still the same sauce, cheese and bread but with a new name this week.
Harley does this all the time, They take what they have and make a new model, just like your bike. A Street Glide is nothing more than a Ultra thats stripped down and lowered. If we ride a Harley we all ride one with swapped parts that became a new model. The Swtichback is a great bike and fits a need. If a Bagger pulls off the bags to run around town will it look as nice as a Swtichback, no. To each is own and buy what you want. The beauty of a Harley is you can make one into anything you want... and not many really buy a new Harley and just ride it and never modify it. I don't.

Quick Reply: The Poor Harley Switchback...