General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Poor Harley Switchback...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013 | 03:45 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

I don't get the vibration thing. Aren't they the same motor & frame as all the Dynas? Why don't THEY have a vibration problem?

Here's how to fix the bike. Get rid of those FUGLY wheels for spokes, 16" front & rear, add a lightbar & some 2-tone paint. Now you have something I would consider.

Old 09-13-2013 | 04:09 PM
ringofld
Tourer

I was at a 'bike night' the other night.
Probably 50 black road kings n street glides.
My pretty red switchback was easy to find in the crowd.
Just saying.

Old 09-13-2013 | 04:59 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

I think it's a nice bike. I also love the wheels. They remind me of the wheels on a 2004 Mustang, and did immediately when I saw them. But IMO they are over priced. For a tiny bit more, a Road King with a much better ride and more storage can be had. And that just makes more sense.

Old 09-13-2013 | 05:40 PM
bigjames4xl
Tourer

Originally Posted by dickey
Get rid of those FUGLY wheels for spokes,
I quit running wire spoke wheels years ago, ain't going back. It only took one time of having broken spokes in the rear wheel to break me from running them ever again.

Old 09-13-2013 | 08:19 PM
iglideUC
Road Captain

I like the badges!

Old 09-13-2013 | 08:31 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior

I agree, with slightly bigger bags and some decent wheels and a nice paint scheme, the switchback sales would sky rocket. All of this could be done without increasing the price. Spoked wheels probably cost less than the Ford Mustang rims on it now, and a decent color paint wouldn't cost anymore.

Old 09-13-2013 | 08:40 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigjames4xl
The one I bought sat on the dealers showroom so long they put chrome wheels and chrome lowers on it to get it some attention. When I saw it with the chrome wheels I liked it! I test rode it and other than the vibration I wasn't used to(been on a vrod for 4 years)I loved the way it handled and looked. Missed the vrod speed but maybe one day HD will make a vrod touring bike.

The vibration has been fixed , put a tall boy seat on it, a tall LRS windshield, and I'm good to go. I did not want a SG, RK, or RG with all the extra geegaws. So it may not be for everybody but I'm happy with mine!

The chrome wheels definitely look a lot better.

Old 09-13-2013 | 08:45 PM
45fan
Tourer

Really happy with mine. I love the wheels, it was the first thing I noticed on the bike. To each his own...
I like the chrome wheels too, but on my silver bike, I like the black.

Old 09-13-2013 | 08:56 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior

The reason for the small saddle bags is so the purse doesn't slide around while in there.

Old 09-13-2013 | 10:24 PM
popawcritter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chinashop bull
Seriously, do you belive any of this bull$hit? Nobody gives a stuff that you don't like the colours, or the wheel, or the name, or if the bags are too small for you.

As an FLD owner with 18,000 miles on mine in 11 months and someone who has owned and ridden Harleys for 39 years, I rate the FLD as probably the best Harley so far. But I'm not interested in hauling a house with me whenever I go for an overnighter, and I don't give a hoot for screens and cushy seats. But above all, I don't care wht you call my bike. I ride it. I like it.

Nothing in the Harley range carries on the tradition of the first swingarm bikes like the FLD does. It's close to identical in every dimension.

I think that has to be the sweetest looking Dyna I have ever seen.Now if they came with a carbureted Evo I would be at the dealer Monday writing a check.

Quick Reply: The Poor Harley Switchback...