General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Poor Harley Switchback...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013 | 09:38 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bjewell
See I originally said Harley dropped the ball on what could have been a great bike and a lot of people thought so too. And a few disagreed. Fine, we're just shooting the **** here. Then you show up -- five posts total -- and get real snotty while posting pics of your terrific bike which only validated what I had originally said -- Harley could have made a killer bike on the Dyna platform.

And after my unfortunate experience of having to live in a rooming house with Australians in Tokyo I told you what I think: Australians in my experience are loud, aggressive pains in the *** and you amply proved my point. Can't stand them and I hate the Bee-Gees too.

See, unlike you, we Americans didn't bend over and give the government our guns, we still have something here called free speech and many but not all of the posters here aren't particularly pee-cee. Didn't want to cause a hassle to the admins here so I e-mailed you privately.

I certainly was at the receiving end of Australian hatred of Americans, New Zealanders, South Africans, Japanese, Africans ( boy the really hated those dudes) in general. Bunch of drunken bullies and creeps your mates... and strangely enough the Aussies in question were mostly recent immigrants to that pile of sand and ugly wildlife you call home -- mostly from old communist countries. Only thing they shared with the old convict families was bad dental work.

And TFC of 35 posts, I stop by there once a every couple of weeks to shoot the **** with a friend who works there and also plays guitar. I also ride to work every day, go to Costco to buy food and ride just for the hell of it on the weekends. You got a problem with that?
Aussies may or may not be all that, but the few I've met don't need a gun to be badda$$. Regardless, no one is getting my gun.

The following users liked this post:
Fritz the Cat (12-05-2020)
Old 05-27-2013 | 10:54 AM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member

I love the concept of a Dyna based touring bike, but Harley f***ed up the execution on the Switchback horribly.
Bags are too small to be useful and the wheels are ugly as a bucket full of scabs.

Old 05-27-2013 | 11:00 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

Take the mismatched bags off, add a solo seat, some spoked wheels and you have one of the nicest looking new "old school" Harley's available.

Old 05-27-2013 | 11:31 AM
schumacher
Club Member

would love to have one myself. would make a great base for a Duo Glide replica

Old 05-27-2013 | 12:08 PM
CruiserAW
6th Gear

Originally Posted by XKnight
Take the mismatched bags off, add a solo seat, some spoked wheels and you have one of the nicest looking new "old school" Harley's available.

Stunning......now its worth looking at.

Old 05-27-2013 | 04:47 PM
Chinashop bull
Tourer

Originally Posted by schumacher
Ya think?

Old 05-27-2013 | 04:51 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by schumacher
Schu, nice to see you back. Where have you been hiding?

Old 05-27-2013 | 05:12 PM
MiniWolf

It looks nice but why not just skip the mods and purchase a Softail Deluxe instead? Outside of the exposed shock, they will end up looking similar and you won't waste money making a Dyna look like an old-school classic Softail--one you buy cheaper when the costs of mods are factored in.

The following users liked this post:
Fritz the Cat (12-05-2020)
Old 05-27-2013 | 06:15 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
It looks nice but why not just skip the mods and purchase a Softail Deluxe instead? Outside of the exposed shock, they will end up looking similar and you won't waste money making a Dyna look like an old-school classic Softail--one you buy cheaper when the costs of mods are factored in.
Well, not everyone loves the softail frame/suspension and the balanced motor. Plus this bike's something different.

Old 05-27-2013 | 06:24 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Wow! Now that's a switchback I would love to own

Quick Reply: The Poor Harley Switchback...