General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got her all pretty'ed up!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 09:10 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Got her all pretty'ed up!

Yup! Got my pretty lady all cleaned up for my morning church ride tomorrow. Love me a nice clean Moter-sickle.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Yup! Got my pretty lady all cleaned up for my morning church ride tomorrow. Love me a nice clean Moter-sickle.

Nice looking bike!

Me too on the clean scoot.... I have yet to figure out why someone would want to ride around on a dirty one. Of course, they just say..."I spend my time riding, not shining"....which is horse crap. It takes me about 5 minutes to wipe my scoot down either before or after a ride. Its a matter of WANT TO, not time.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Oh yea, reflector removal on your front forks is a must.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Oh yea, reflector removal on your front forks is a must.
Can I leave them on my rear forks?

Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Nice! And personally, I'll never take my reflectors off. Anything to help being seen.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 PM
r evolotion
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Grandma said, " folks might be poor and their clothes may be old but there is no excuse for being dirty". Soap and waters cheap. My bike is almost 20 yo and over 100k, she aint pretty but shes clean.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Nice looking bike!

Me too on the clean scoot.... I have yet to figure out why someone would want to ride around on a dirty one. Of course, they just say..."I spend my time riding, not shining"....which is horse crap. It takes me about 5 minutes to wipe my scoot down either before or after a ride. Its a matter of WANT TO, not time.
No, some of us do spend out time riding not washing and polishing every time we ride. While it may take "5 minutes" to clean an FX if you never ride it in the rain or snow, it takes a lot longer to clean a bagger. It IS a matter of want. I WANT to ride not clean. Thoroughly cleaning my bike once a week at most is more than enough if you're not trying to impress people. BTW, it's never a good idea to defeat safety devices on your motorcycle. Removing the reflectors and removing turn signals or installing tiny lights is just a bad idea. It might look cool, but the person that runs you over isn't admiring your bike. He's going to say "I didn't see him".

Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BoonDock_Saint
No, some of us do spend out time riding not washing and polishing every time we ride. While it may take "5 minutes" to clean an FX if you never ride it in the rain or snow, it takes a lot longer to clean a bagger. It IS a matter of want. I WANT to ride not clean. Thoroughly cleaning my bike once a week at most is more than enough if you're not trying to impress people. BTW, it's never a good idea to defeat safety devices on your motorcycle. Removing the reflectors and removing turn signals or installing tiny lights is just a bad idea. It might look cool, but the person that runs you over isn't admiring your bike. He's going to say "I didn't see him".
Yea, since cagers actually pay attention to our signals anyway.

And I'm not talking about people who clean their bikes once a week or once a month....I'm talking about people that NEVER wash their bikes...for years. Yep, depending on your riding conditions, I would say once a week is good. I live in Cali so I never ride in rain or snow. I wash mine once a year and wipe it down after a few rides...mainly to get bugs off the windshield.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Yup! Got my pretty lady all cleaned up for my morning church ride tomorrow.
It's good to hear that some people still go to church.

Nice bike!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I always feel sad when I see a filthy bike with bug guts baking into the paint. I think keeping my bike clean is a part of maintaining it, like checking tire pressure or fluids. I worked a lot of years to be able to buy it and I'm making sure it's taken care of.

Quick Reply: Got her all pretty'ed up!