General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013 | 09:02 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Flip50
Now you got me wondering chicken bout how many ride without mc license ? I know I got ticket many years ago riding my brothers Kawasaki . Course it might have happened because I was doing 75 in a 50 mph zone! Hey I was young then!
Christ years back half the idiots I knew on bikes never had a bike license till they got forced to . Out here you can't get tags without the license now the computer has really narrowed the game .

Old 05-18-2013 | 10:15 PM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Olsen185
Get an aftermarket cat for $200-$300. Also tell the mechanic that you want the old cat. They are worth a lot of money due to the titanium inside
Do the direct fit ones come with everything you need? Like an 02 sensor? I;m not mechanically inclined. Are they easy to install?

Old 05-19-2013 | 05:08 AM
tcatnat
Road Master

I think this is a good deal. I was in the same situation as you in 2010. I was getting ready to take the MSF course and bought a 2010 FXDC before I completed the class. I paid $12,900 and the dealer delivered the bike since I couldn't legally ride it home myself.

I'm a bit surprised since I thought inventory was low thus keeping proces high. Are Harley's not in demand this year?

Old 05-19-2013 | 07:43 AM
humbuster
Tourer

I am presently negotiating the purchase of a new Softail Deluxe.

I have 3 dealers willing to move on MSRP, however I am amazed at the difference of Set up costs and handling charges.

The closest dealer is 3x the price of these "charges". I am giving him 1 shot to meet the lower costs. If he cannot do, I will travel a little farther to get a fair deal.

From what I have seen, there is a lot of new inventory even though riding season is upon us.

Old 05-19-2013 | 10:02 PM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Bummed that I had car issues come up. Damn car may have killed my great deal on this Harley.

Old 05-19-2013 | 11:35 PM
Olsen185
Tourer

Originally Posted by diverg
Do the direct fit ones come with everything you need? Like an 02 sensor? I;m not mechanically inclined. Are they easy to install?
The o2 sensors are a separate parts. Basically (depending on year vehicle) you will have an o2 sensor before the catalytic converter and one after. The pre-cat o2 sensor sniffs the exhaust and tells the car to add or remove fuel multiple times per second. The post cat o2 sensor compares the pre and post cat readings to ensure that the catalytic converter is working properly.

The dealer will sell you a $1200 cat and charge you an extra $300 to install it. The stock cat is usually a large section of the exhaust between the headers and the muffler or resonator. The aftermarket cat is usually installed by cutting the foot or so section of stock cat out and replacing it with an aftermarket one. You have to get a cat with the same diameter pipes as the stock exhaust pipes, and the are clamped or welded to the stock pipes.

Take the car to a local exhaust shop, they will take care of it.

Old 05-19-2013 | 11:53 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master

Everyone should be extra mindful when it comes to buying used bikes these days.... cars and motorcycles damaged in Hurricane Sandy have been tracked all over the country for resale.

Doing your due diligence is key. If the deal seems to good to be true...it usually is.

Old 05-19-2013 | 11:56 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by diverg
To bad if I get it I will not even be able to ride it till at the earliest end of the month or early June. The sales person did say he would offer to deliver it to me in Houston.
Ride it home! It's the only way to start off with a showroom new scoot!

Old 05-20-2013 | 10:17 AM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Called Meinke to see what the cost would be. After looking it up said the only option was to get a direct fit cat. Parts $900 labor $40. Should have asked if they would install an aftermarket cat that I supplied.

Old 05-21-2013 | 06:46 PM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Hoping I can still get this deal once I get my car fixed. So what do you think about Chrome Yellow Pearl? Not a color I would choose on my own, but if it gets me a great price I guess I can live with it.

Quick Reply: Great Price?