General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013 | 06:43 PM
Kevinsmidt
Cruiser

I actually got a great rate from Harley. Way better than my credit union actually, which is weird. Experiences vary dealer to dealer but Ive had nothing but great experiences from every HD dealer Ive been to. Nothing is perfect, but they are better than the average car or motorcycle dealer out there IMO.

Old 05-17-2013 | 06:48 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I think it a great price. And the MSF is a breeze. I bought my Blackline almost 3 weeks before I got my bike license. Go for it.

Old 05-17-2013 | 07:08 PM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Kevinsmidt
I actually got a great rate from Harley. Way better than my credit union actually, which is weird. Experiences vary dealer to dealer but Ive had nothing but great experiences from every HD dealer Ive been to. Nothing is perfect, but they are better than the average car or motorcycle dealer out there IMO.
My local Harley dealer said they got it at a range of 8.25 - 10.25%. The finance manager said he could get it at 8.25 by working for me. My own source of credit was at 7.99, but not enough credit extended for the bike.. Maybe I'll get lucky and the non local will get me a better rate.

I did go back to the local guy and he said there was no way he could touch that price. I wish he could as I really liked the guy and my dealings with him the past month.

Last edited by diverg; 05-17-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2013 | 07:26 PM
Flip50
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I think it a great price. And the MSF is a breeze. I bought my Blackline almost 3 weeks before I got my bike license. Go for it.
Now you got me wondering chicken bout how many ride without mc license ? I know I got ticket many years ago riding my brothers Kawasaki . Course it might have happened because I was doing 75 in a 50 mph zone! Hey I was young then!

Old 05-17-2013 | 11:46 PM
Xube
Road Warrior

When Colorado moved their records onto computer, they deleted my old DL record with my motorcycle endorsement. Said 'no way' when I asked them to look it up. Typical Colorado attitude. I'll be taking the beginners course again. I think they provide little bikes for the cones, at least. For now, it's no endorsement.

Last edited by Xube; 05-17-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-18-2013 | 12:22 AM
iyiyiyiy
Intermediate

When i got out of the service in '71 i went to get my license, officer said did you have a motorcycle before you went in the service, i said yes, said are you getting one now you are out, i said yes. He grandfathered me in so i have never taken the motorcycle endorsement test, but have had the endorsement all these years. Hope they don't lose mine, getting too old to start over

Old 05-18-2013 | 11:35 AM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Well the day isn't starting out the way I expected. Car is at the dealer getting the ECM replaced under a recall. Got to make sure the primary vehicle is ok before I get a bike. Hoping that this doesn't kill mt killer deal as I doubt I'll be able to make it to the out of town dealer in time.

Old 05-18-2013 | 07:21 PM
Drat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by diverg
Well the day isn't starting out the way I expected. Car is at the dealer getting the ECM replaced under a recall. Got to make sure the primary vehicle is ok before I get a bike. Hoping that this doesn't kill mt killer deal as I doubt I'll be able to make it to the out of town dealer in time.
Just call the dealer! No excuses now that you know you want that bike. All will work out money wise.....good luck!

Old 05-18-2013 | 08:43 PM
diverg
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Drat
Just call the dealer! No excuses now that you know you want that bike. All will work out money wise.....good luck!
Didn't make it out. Dealer wants $1500 to replace the cat convertor. Got to find a cheaper alternative. Might not be able to get the bike at that price, but am in talks with another dealer that might do it. If its meant to be it will happen.

Old 05-18-2013 | 08:54 PM
Olsen185
Tourer

Get an aftermarket cat for $200-$300. Also tell the mechanic that you want the old cat. They are worth a lot of money due to the titanium inside

Quick Reply: Great Price?