General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, I got to rant about HD customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I typed a few paragraphs...

Then thought it was going to be wasted on too many consumers that don't care enough to take the time to force a change in 'policy'. I applaud Gasitman for taking on 'The Good Fight', no matter what people like dan_conner think about their holy company policies...

Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,331 Likes on 1,713 Posts

IMO, the lesson learned here is to stop buying all that crap and the $$$ saved use it for gasoline and ride your bike...

Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Get over it OP. You tried to return items that were worn/used and with NO receipt. Why should HD be different from any other retailer?

The lesson here: SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Buy everything from Walmart. You can return anything there with or without a receipt....

Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Get over it OP. You tried to return items that were worn/used and with NO receipt. Why should HD be different from any other retailer?

Exactly, so many sniveling people on this site.

I love my Harley, and have no problem with the dealers.

Never had an issue, and some people claim to have many.

I don't get it.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,165 Likes on 6,705 Posts

That is disgusting.
No, not the customer service part...the $1500 worth of LED lights.
Man, I didn't even spend that much to decorate the house at Christmas. And that includes the tree.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 AM
t-bear
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the tape on your chrome accents are not holding replace the tape!

I bought a tee shirt from an HD dealer about an hour away, long sleeve about $40.
Wore it once and the sleeves were really short, XL and fit like a small.
Washed it and it was much worse. Called dealer who said if it was worn they can not take it back.

My 11 year old Granddaughter now has a shirt it may say XL but it sure isn't LOL.

For the most part I have been happy with HD merchandise, sometime have to think outside the box, or just put it in a box!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Gasitman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
oh my god, your chrome add-on do dads are not holding up and you don't have a receipt and you did not buy it there? for all the dealer knows, your daughter wore that sweat shirt day and night for a week and had already messed up the metal loop. then you wash it and try and return it? don't see where the dealer is wrong in those cases.
as far as the electrical problems go, sounds like the dealer went to bat and took care of the problem-just took a little while.
the moco and each individual dealer are in business to make a profit. they have set policies and procedures that have evolved thru the years. "do we warranty this or risk losing a customer" is the guiding force behind their policy. no returns without receipts, no returns on used clothing, no returns without original packaging, etc. are set policy at many types of business. electrical products will always be a grey area and create problems for many companies. your expectations seem a little high...and your company's policy has nothing to do with how harley chooses to conduct their business.
i feel that harley merchandise is over-priced and that i can buy better quality for less money else where. my only expectations/hope is that they will warranty any repairs to my bike during the warranty period...so far so good! i have all my service done at harley dealers-gotta pay someone to do it-and maybe the dealer will still be in business if i need warranty work. buy my helmets, jackets, boots, tires, oil, and so forth else where...based mainly on price/availability.
there are many times when i feel that people have a legitimate gripe/complaint about the moco and it's dealers. however, your rant is just that-a rant. your demands are unreasonable and your expectations too high. JMO
You can't be serious are you? My demands are high? I want something that will last more than 3 months for $400? Wow dude really? OK. If you say so. And no, the dealer did not step up. They waited until they got reimbursed from Harley on the lights.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Gasitman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG

And your lesson here is to learn to read. It does not matter about receipts. I had them for the lights and sweatshirt and it made no difference.

I can tell here who is "well off" on this board. You don't work hard for your money to just throw it away for something that you pay for. I literally work until my hands until they bleed each week. I am not about to give my money to a company on products not made correctly then give a $40 shirt to the goodwill because they won't stand behind their products. It took me 39 years to save for my bike that I paid cash for. I am not about to throw my hard earned money away to some corporation that sells plastic chrome made in china for penny's on the dollar and won't back their products. That is disgusting to me. I don't really care if you disagree with it. If you don't care about money that much, then send me some.

Last edited by Gasitman; 05-17-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:34 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I always thought, if you went back to where you bought something and with the receipt, you had them by the nads and would get a replacement or your money back. I guess that's when customer service actually meant something...like "the customer is always right".

Quick Reply: Sorry, I got to rant about HD customer service