General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,483 Likes on 4,378 Posts
Default Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

Here, last evening, a Kawa rocket 23 yr. old rider hit an older Ford minivan with such force that it spun the van, the wheels dug in and it flipped on its side. Remarkable picture on the Billings Gazette web site!

Rider was smokin it on a very busy four lane street, stop light controlled ata bad,poor visibility intersection. Weaving around cars, popped a wheelie and smacked the minivan. Rider's condition... unknown physically, but he was wearing a helmet to protecthis peanutbrain. Imagine if yo mama or child was in that minivan. Hopethe riderrecovers... and changes his life.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:26 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

I am hopin my momma would have a drivers license and insurance...yeahshe does.

The driver of the minivan was not injured.

Schaff said the motorcyclist would be cited for reckless driving. He said he would not identify the man until he had a chance to interview him about the wreck. The driver of the Ford was cited for not having a driver's license or insurance, Schaff said. He did not identify the man.
From here http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...0-reckless.txt

Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

This may sound cold, but if the rider winds up dying, I have no sympathy. People like this put others' lives in danger with their reckless BS, and if they win a Darwin award for it, all the better. One less dangerous fool on the road.

Clammy

Old 02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Jambo
Banned

I never thought a bike was heavy enough to do that,What a Jack-***

Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 PM
TazInCT
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with Clammy on this one

Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 PM
C.Jay
Tourer

[:@][:@]Look at the crash bars on the bike along side the engine cases, he is a stunter and a bad public impresion for ALL bikers.
Pisses me off.....

But I don't think it deserves death....[&:]

Old 02-21-2007, 02:18 PM
kpreese
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: C.Jay
But I don't think it deserves death....[&:]
I agree, I certainly hope he survives. If he is going to kill someone later, then I would want him to die. Of course, we have no way of knowing. But this idiot shouldn't be allowed to have a drivers license for 5 years and maybe never a motorcycle license ever again. We need REAL penalties for this kind of riding/driving. Those idiots in their riced out civics are dangerous as well, they act like it's a video game.

You drive like crap, you lose your license for a year, do it again and it's 5 years, once more andno more license for you. Cause a wreck while doing something stupid and it needs to be very severe,BUT it should be severe even if you get lucky. And I wish we had a standard law like if you run from the cops, minimum 1 year in jail and no more drivers license PERIOD . . . EVER. And we need public service announcements on TV to that affect. When that kid has a chance to decide to pull over and get a ticket or *maybe* lose his license for a year orrunand go to jail and never ride/drive again, maybe he'll think twice.

They probably think that running has 3 outcomes: you wreck and get hurt, you get away or you get caught. The punishment for what they've already done is probably so close to that for an attempted get-away that they think it's worth the risk. They may think that last option isn't likely, but the punishment needs to be brutal if it does.

In my opinion, it is very similar to the DUI problem, there simply isn't enough deterent in place. People with no priors who kill someone while DUI are locked up for 10+ years and others with 5 DUIs are still driving. The difference is they didn't kill anyone . . . yet. THEY ALREADY COMMITTED THE CRIME when they got behind the wheel. I'm not saying someone that kills someone shouldn't be locked up, I'm just saying they think theodds of that happening are so low that it isn't a deterent at all. Tell people that a DUI means public humiliation and no driving for years (even if it costs them their job) and then it starts to become more of a deterent. We probably need to consider a mandatory 30 day jail sentence too.

Sorry for the rant, but I certainly hope he is alive and will recover. I just don't want him controlling a weapon anymore. Like many others, I've got some personal losses and scars due to other people who aren't smart enough to project ahead and see the consequences of their actions. People like that needa little help sometimes before they understand (or care) about making the right decision. The consequences are paid by others TOO OFTEN.

Kevin

Old 02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

A towing company I worked for in Seattle had a pic of a guy that was runng from the police and T-boned a police car that had blocked the road. Put the car on it's side with the bike still stuck in the side of the car standing straight up. Rider was still on the the bike dead as ****, no helmet not that it would have helped.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM
redrocker
Cruiser

I noticed the "Halo" around the engine of the bike. The ONLY purpose for that is stunting. So you know this guy got away with doing it 99 other times. This was the one time that it bit him in the azz

Quick Reply: Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!